• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bored

daedong

I have not had a project on the go for a few weeks so I decided that I needed to do something. I am not sure I have that much use for this but I am making it anyway. I will post pics as I go, guess what it will be.

First I had to find some cast scrap aluminium, an engine head and inlet manifold hopefully will do the trick. Second I had to melt them down, and pour into tins to make aluminium cylinders. Two of the four cylinders are machined with a curved surface, and the other two will be pulleys. As you can see I have already made one pulley and one with the curved surface. I will do the other two in the next day or so.

Anyway I will keep you posted as I proceed with this project. It will take me a few weeks.

Attachments

• DSCF1045.JPG
    DSCF1045.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF1053.JPG
    DSCF1053.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 39
  • dscf1067.jpg
    dscf1067.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 41

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
A pulse jet engine?
Ok, so that's not even close, but it would be a cool project.

daedong

Progress is slow but it is happening. This is todays effort, it still doesn't look like a pulse jet engine.
Here is a cryptic clue to what it is going to be.

Coffee

Attachments

• frame 5.jpg
    frame 5.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 42

daedong

I reckon this pic gives it away.

Got a bit more done, I started this last night, this bit was slow going and probably not worth the time spent, but i enjoy doing it.
taketwo.jpg

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
A "Mutants for Nukes" coat hook?
mutantsmile.JPG

Mutants for Nukes

Attachments

• taketwo.jpe
    taketwo.jpe
    22 KB · Views: 36

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Ok, we've established it's an IDLER.

And an earlier one looked to be a pulley.

But for what?

daedong

Cryptic clue
(1) coffee
(2) What most of us do at work
(3) hour glass

Sub clue (1)
Remind me not to give any of you blokes a reference for a job.

BoneheadNW

I got it! It's an I.V. post on wheels for hanging a coffee maker to use for direct injection into the arm. What do I win?
Bone

daedong

(1) coffee
(2) What most of us do at work
(3) hour glass
(4) A dental problem

Sub clue (1)
Remind me not to give any of you blokes a reference for a job.

P

Pigtails

Geez that's no fair. I thought maybe you were building some sort of easy chair for work to drink coffee from and watch the time go by.. Like most of our past employees..:yum:

daedong

Today I molded and lathed up the disc attachment, I was quite proud of my effort it turned out well (the pun unintended)

dscf1107.jpg

dscf1112.jpg

dscf1114.jpg

dscf1126.jpg