• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chrysler IND-32 (265) seal question

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since the front turn assembly is off and out of the way I decided to drop the oil pan to reseal. Below is what I found. Since this is my first time in an L6, where did this come from?? Oil pump gasket?? Did someone pull / swap the oil pump and then knock the o-ring into the pan as it was being slid back into place? Seems like it would have been leaking bad there if that was the case.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 176

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, I'll take a look there. No oil from there either, so wouldn't have suspected it.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
maybe it is just the ring from a quart of oil.?

is it plasticy or rubbery-eee.

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Judging by the pics, RedSqwrl nailed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sqwrl wins the prize. I ran out this morning to grab it off of the head so I could match it up with something at work. Didn't dare squeeze test it until I had a suitable replacement. Once that was sorted, it wasn't a hardened brittle seal, but 'plasticy'. Messing with it more got some of the nubs to stick up. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 140

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone school me on how that makes its way down to the oil pan?

Had to have happened when someone else had the pan off.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Once had a new snowmobile that blew the motor every time we added fuel after the first tank or break in premix. After the third motor the dealer found a piece of tinfoil from the oil injection cap that would plug the feed and poof!

Remove your caps and peel your foil including antifreeze!