• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker brake caliper

pooreds

My Brake caliper on my 1977 Tucker is no good. Tucker and Kelsey Hayes have been no help. (kelsey hayes stamped on rubber) The pistons are very pitted. looking for part number help or a source. thanks

Attachments

• tuckerbrake.jpg
    tuckerbrake.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 239
  • tuckerbrake1.jpg
    tuckerbrake1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 281

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
My Brake caliper on my 1977 Tucker is no good. Tucker and Kelsey Hayes have been no help. (kelsey hayes stamped on rubber) The pistons are very pitted. looking for part number help or a source. thanks

My recollection is that the four-piston piston caliper Tucker used is from a 1966 Ford Thunderbird. But I don't remember which side (left or right). In later years they went to a two-piston caliper from a GM pickup.

pooreds

Blackfoot Tucker you are my hero! 1966 Thunderbird, right side looks perfect. Centric reman #14261001 or Cardone reman #184402. thank you again

ghase1

'"I purchased a rebuilt T-Bird caliper from "Thunderbird Headquarters" in Concord CA. several years back for my Tucker.

pooreds

HI ghase1, i was told you are also a SHR resident. i think you also have a 1977 Tucker. I have my caliper on order, should have it late Thursday. thanks ED

pooreds

no sir, this is Ed Sweet. i'm on lower Ponderosa. I bought the Tucker that sat for 9 years from the Sota family on Alpine Vista. I normally drive the Yellow Thiokol Spryte. it will be for sale very soon.