• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nellie ''Bell''

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Why is it so hard for some people when they are going to go thru the process it’s only a couple more steps to do it right???

Snowy Rivers

I have asked the same question many times on my project.

Even a good squirt down all over in/out with a degreasing product and a good wash with a high pressure hot washer will do a pretty fair job of cleaning out any crud.

That little 4 cyl should do a right nice job of getting the Tucker over the landscape......

Great pics.....:thumbup:

olympicorange

...... possibly when the intent is to unload such a project, instead of keeping it ,could be a motive . or just not knowing any better,...or lazy. yes, the little 4BT is quite proven. just about the same HP as the 318 industrial, but a lot more lower end torque. and the fuel economy is amazing. I ran mine this winter , to the shows,all over Tucker Lake, as normal..... and never burnt up the first tank of oil. would have been 5 tanks of gas,.... nothing like a diesel,...:thumbup:

olympicorange

..... Cummins,....

Attachments

• feb 2020 301.jpg
    feb 2020 301.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 197
  • dec. 2019 355.jpg
    dec. 2019 355.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 205

olympicorange

……. front fifth wheel repaired,...

Attachments

• nellie 5th whl 4.jpg
    nellie 5th whl 4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 188
  • nellie 5th whl 3.jpg
    nellie 5th whl 3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 179
  • nellie 5th whl 2.jpg
    nellie 5th whl 2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 177
  • nellie 5th whl.jpg
    nellie 5th whl.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 182

olympicorange

……….. yes, hardened components,.. bronze ''step '' bushing … stainless hardware,.. ''decked the plate'' ,... no shortcuts for the high speed tucker ,... all 5 mph ,... or maybe 12... :smile:

olympicorange

had new front leafs ''forged'' from the local spring shop. they make them for track inc. also. these are the ''beefier'' style the c/o m.e. units use.... now just time to fit into schedule,...

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_130412.jpg
    IMG_20210101_130412.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210101_130402.jpg
    IMG_20210101_130402.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
had new front leafs ''forged'' from the local spring shop. they make them for track inc. also. these are the ''beefier'' style the c/o m.e. units use.... now just time to fit into schedule,...
OO,
Just curious, new springs because the old ones had issues or just to accommodate the weight?

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OO,
Just curious, new springs because the old ones had issues or just to accommodate the weight?
If those springs were going on my snocat, I would take them back to your shop and have a new second leaf made. There's a lot of stress on the first leaf between the end of the second leaf and the bolt. If you don't go for the wrap like this, at least extend the second leaf to just past the centerline of the bolt. Check first that there is adequate clearance for the second leaf at the other end not shown here.

Attachments

• Snocat spring.jpg
    Snocat spring.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

olympicorange

If those springs were going on my snocat, I would take them back to your shop and have a new second leaf made. There's a lot of stress on the first leaf between the end of the second leaf and the bolt. If you don't go for the wrap like this, at least extend the second leaf to just past the centerline of the bolt. Check first that there is adequate clearance for the second leaf at the other end not shown here.
S/D ; great point . and I love upgrades & overkill. so , what we decided to do was ''mimick'' the original design, but upgrade the type/rating of the ''leafs'' composite material. something like '''3014 to 3136'' (CRS) .,... the increased weight difference was 250-300LBS. from the 318/np ,... to the 3.9L/AT545,... these mimick the newer 1000/2000 design leafs . considering the application of this snocat,... in it's future job duties, I believe they will do their job. thx my man....