• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Few Good Bankers

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Everyone remembers the courtroom scene from a A Few Good Men [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo[/ame].

I have fantasized about a future scene that will happen in the House chamber in the near future.
a-few-good-men.jpg

Kaffee: Colonel Jessep, did you order the Code Red?
Judge Randolph: You don’t have to answer that question!
Col. Jessep: I’ll answer the question!
[to Kaffee]
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I’m entitled.
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Col. Jessep: You can’t handle the truth!
[pauses]
Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?
Col. Jessep: I did the job I…
Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?
Col. Jessep: You’re ******* right I did!
ron-paul-bernanke.jpg

Ron Paul: Chairman Bernanke, did you order the printing of $4 trillion to be given to Wall Street bankers?
John Boehner: You don’t have to answer that question!
Ben Bernanke: I’ll answer the question!
[to Paul]
Ben Bernanke: You want answers?
Ron Paul: I think I’m entitled.
Ben Bernanke: You want answers?
Ron Paul: I want the truth!
Ben Bernanke: You can’t handle the truth!
[pauses]
Ben Bernanke: Son, we live in a world that has Wall Street bankers, and those bankers have to be enriched by men with printing presses. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Representative Ryan? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Middle Class, and you curse the Federal Reserve. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the US Dollar’s death, while tragic, probably enriched Wall Street bankers. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, benefits Wall Street bankers. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at Tea Parties, you want me on that printing press, you need me on that printing press. We use words like debasement, inflation, systematic risk. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending banking interests. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very excess liquidity that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a computer terminal, and create a few trillion dollars. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Ron Paul: Did you order the printing of $4 trillion?
Ben Bernanke: I did the job I…
Ron Paul: Did you order the printing of $4 trillion?
Ben Bernanke: You’re ******* right I did!

Jim Quinn http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=11907