• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Today IS the day......

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In about an hour I am leaving to go up into South Dakota and meet "couchloafer" who has my Snow Trac in tow, heading this way. I owe Kevin a great debt for taking part in moving this machine, closer to me....:biggrin:. He is a very knowledgeable guy, especially about Snow Tracs. Not to mention a real stand out kinda guy.....Thank you!!

No idea when I will get it home, will play it by ear on that one. Weather is good for travel, and that is a plus this time of year. I just hope it remembers to snow here soon.

Thanks to this forum and it's members.:biggrin: This is a great place for snow catters to get together and talk shop...and usage...

Gotta Go!

Regards, Kirk

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
In about an hour I am leaving to go up into South Dakota and meet "couchloafer" who has my Snow Trac in tow, heading this way. I owe Kevin a great debt for taking part in moving this machine, closer to me....:biggrin:. He is a very knowledgeable guy, especially about Snow Tracs. Not to mention a real stand out kinda guy.....Thank you!!

No idea when I will get it home, will play it by ear on that one. Weather is good for travel, and that is a plus this time of year. I just hope it remembers to snow here soon.

Thanks to this forum and it's members.:biggrin: This is a great place for snow catters to get together and talk shop...and usage...

Gotta Go!

Regards, Kirk

Good luck Kirk , travel safe & take plenty of pictures :biggrin:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

Gotta Go!

Regards, Kirk

Congrats Kirk! I think couchloafer is the new Lyndon - pretty soon there won't be a Snow Trac in the NW that he hasn't owned or touched in some way. Try and snap a pic of the exchange.

JSX

Leaving Wall, SD right now, with a one eyed snow trac in tow. Nobody tell Kirk, but we seem to be missing a windshield, anyone know where we can get one?:whistling:

I hope Kirk has a sense of humor! Sorry man, not really sure what took it out.

Attachments

• Kirksnowtrac1.jpg
    Kirksnowtrac1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 330

Mtn-Track

That's a pretty clean-looking Trac. I think he'll get over the windshield soon enough. I wish all I had to do was replace a piece of glass...:biggrin:
...or is there more to the story.....?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That won't be a big deal for the first run or two. Now when it really gets to snowing and blowing he might want something in there.:yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Home safe and sound. Hopefully couchloafer and JSX will make it back safely as well. The broken wind screen is no big deal, just glad the hood stayed down as I have read this is the worste thing you can have happen when towing an ST4.Thanks again for your help guys....

I look forward to many happy hours puttering with, and driving this new to me 48 year old......man toy:shifty::wink: for lack of a better explaination. My mid life crisis perhaps?

It is a very nice clean machine with an interesting history recorded in many places in the ceiling of the cab...Names, dates, places,thank you's, ect are all recoded above our heads. we just noticed this tonight when I got home with it. Kinda cool really.....

Best regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The fun begins...

The owner had installed an electric fuel pump, and it quit working. Loading and unloading yesterday was by small transfusions of gas into the fuel line, fallowed by some what hurried unloading, loading, adding fuel as nessasary. Unloading this morning, I scrounged up an old small engine fuel tank and jurry rigged a line to the carb. After a bit and adding some Sea Foam to the gas:wink: I was able to drive it back to, and into my shop.:clap:

There I discovered why the "new" mechanical pump had never worked...the insides that move the diaphram had come apart. I have a new machanical one coming in the morning. It should work just fine without any noise :w00t2: The electric will be comming off.

Don, does this carb have an acelerator pump? If so can you see or hear it spray anything?

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
your carb does have an accelerator pump if you think you are going to have carb problems i can put you in tough with a place that will sell you a new one for 130 bucks for that price it's not worth monkeying wit an old one

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
your carb does have an accelerator pump if you think you are going to have carb problems i can put you in tough with a place that will sell you a new one for 130 bucks for that price it's not worth monkeying wit an old one

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The carb says Bocar 30 pict-1 on the fuel bowl. Electric choke. I need a kit for it and I don't know where to begin to look for one. NAPA guys never heard of it. Will ask around tomarrow about finding one local. Other wise anyone know about these?

It's a hoot to drive...:clap:should have seen the look on this woman's face when she drove by me at the end of my lane! Big head turn....:wink:

Thanks, Kirk