• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Will Conservatives turn farther right?

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter

Here are some Conservatives who are so far to the right of Rush that they want *Rush* to fail, and to get offstage. As soon as possible.

They went to CPAC and came away pouting that there werent any real Conservatives there. This right wing of the Conservatives thinks the Muslim attack on Western values is our most grave danger. And that Limbaugh, Bush, Norquist have been blinded to this by their Muslim buddies.

For example one says that the Bush campaign's getting out the Muslim vote in Miami is what got Bush over the top in Florida, and therefor the nation.

Maybe these guys are as nuts as Bamby's concerns. Maybe they are on to something. I'm no expert in what the far right is thinking, but I believe their opinions should be brought out and discussed.

CPAC - A squandered opportunity

Small excerpt. You really have to read the whole thing.

"Was CPAC an Epic Fail?," by Patrick Poole at Pajamas Media, March 1 (thanks to Jerry Gordon):
[...] That the conservative movement has slid into complete irrelevancy was demonstrated by the absence of any ideas — nay, any discussion whatsoever — of several of the most pressing political issues of our day.

there was not a single panel on the War on Terror, the growing threats to free speech, or the cultural jihad underway in the West.

Meanwhile, GOP operative and Karl Rove confidante Grover Norquist, who is single-handedly responsible for opening the doors of political power for convicted al-Qaeda fundraiser Abdurahman Alamoudi and Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Sami Al-Arian, was given the honor of introducing House Minority Leader John Boehner on Friday morning.

If this year’s CPAC is an accurate indicator, conservatives have many lonely years ahead in political exile. Bereft of ideas and locked in an abusive relationship with a political party that has shown nothing but contempt for conservatives, CPAC represents what is wrong with the conservative movement. In terms of representing the way forward for conservatives, CPAC is an epic fail.

...grassroots discontent might lead to the overthrow of the “official” leadership of the conservative movement, including CPAC. In my humble opinion, that change couldn’t come quickly enough.
----------------------
The comments following the article give a clearer picture of this new right wing faction:
Rush's type of conservative, is freedom of the individual, and that is not compatible with islam. We need to show conservatives how islam is really facist and controlling with freedom of speech gone. This facade created by those like Norquist need to be exposed for the lies he has tried to spead about islam as the rop it has never been.

Some of the leaders inthe Republican party as well as officials in the Bush administration have close ties or friends to some 'modern' Muslims. In spite of all the jihad violence, the muslimin's violence in the west, they still refuse to believe that the engine behind all this is islam.

I know exactly what you mean.
When Former President Bush used to come out of a meeting holding hands with the "King" of Saudi Arabia like they were walking off a kindergarden playground, I'd get sick.

I do not expect the right to embrace the politically correct ideas of the left. This is what Bush did. Thus he helped to destroy the conservative movement, he and all his hangers-on, like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc.. These are people who should know better. Shame on all of them!

"I believe that Bush did it not out of political correctness but because, as a Christian, he believes that all religions are good."

What you are describing is not Christianity per se, but post-modern Christianity corrupted by PC MC.

In prior centuries, most Christians had little difficulty in condemning, damning and even physically suppressing what they thought were pernicious ideologies. What's different about the 20th and 21st centuries? PC MC.

Just as nost conservatives have become corroded by PC MC, so have most Christians throughout the West.

But if Bush thought that a religion that conflicts with our Bill of Rights is good then he failed to live up to his presidential oath and "protect" the Constitution. He's perfectly free to associate with various Muslims but to refuse to speak the truth about a doctrine that continues to seek OUR destruction was a dereliction of duty. Maybe Bush wasn't as bad as some others but his refusal to confront the truth about Islam - and to force Americans to confront it as well - makes him a terrible president.

the truth will out and the duplicitous Norquist will be exposed sooner or later -- hey, there's an idea! Perhaps the first order of business should be making it 'sooner.'

How naive we were (or I was, anyway) back in 2000, when W barely won the close call in Florida, based on his pandering to Muslims, at Norquist's advice -- and the irony, they flocked to him because he spoke against the 'racial profiling' of Muslims and the 'secret evidence' -- Can you imagine? Bush chastising Clinton for being mean to Islamocrazies?

...conservatives hate paying taxes more than they love the Constitution.

Muslim terrorist supporter and fundraiser Sami-Al Arian was given the honor of introducing House Minority Leader John Boehner on Friday morning is nothing but a horrific slap in the face of what our country stands for and the utter moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the Conservative movement.

Bush may be a four letter word at CPAC but CPAC, conservative activists and Republican party leaders have learned nothing from Bush's failures. Without a doubt, the Bush family has had long-standing and deep financial ties to America's jihadist enemies. Had I known the extent of it, I would never have voted for Bush in 2000. Unbeknownst to me, Bush campaigned with convicted Islamic Jihadist, University of South Fla. computer science Professor Sami Al Arian. Al Arian pledged he would work Florida's mosques in order to get out the Muslim vote for Bush. Grover Norquist later crowed, it was "the Muslim vote" that delivered Florida in the tightly contested race here in Fla.

I and millions of conservatives had neglected my study of Islam. Yet, conservative activists and Republican leaders -- radio talk show hosts, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. -- bought Bush's politically correct lies, hook, line and sinker. Still do. Either Republican and conservative leaders are as lazy as they portray leftists and leftist journalists, or worse, the conservative movement is morally bankrupt!

Limbaugh is largely to blame for this. Limbaugh carried water for this traitor for better than seven years. He still does! Why won't any conservative of stature -- or any diminutive conservative -- tell Rush Limbaugh he is a moron? I hate to say it but yes, Limbaugh is an imbecile.

If the majority of conservatives were anti-Islam, Bush would not have been elected the second time, because the Republicans would have found a better candidate.

If the majority of conservative politicians were anti-Islam, we would have heard something from them by now: all we have so far is two -- Tom Tancredo and Jon Kyl (and even these two we cannot be sure are not more or less of the asymptotic Glenn Beck variety

This is only the latest indicator that conservatism is not the way to bring about positive change in the west, or at least in the USA. Conservatism, as Joseph Farah maintains, is a rear-guard, reactive movement, and is easily made irrelevant by events and, as Richard Viguerie has said, by infiltration from feau-cons practicing taqqiya, such as the Bushes, Norquist and most of the Republican elite.
There's lots more. For me, this article and its comments were a window into a world I only knew about in generalities.

Is this the future direction of the Republican party? Is Rush still king of the mountain, setting the Republican agenda, and these guys are nuts?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to me that you/they are confused on what a conservative is. Limbaugh is a Republican who is not a complete conservative, he is selective about his conservative ideology. Bush is hardly a conservative, in fact saying he is conservative is like saying that McCain is one too. Neither are.

But then to claim that 'right wing' conservatives thing Muslims are the greatest threat is also to completely misunderstand conservative theory.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
So who sets conservative priorities? Michael Steele claims he is party chairman. He criticized Rush Limbaugh and nobody noticed.

Will Chairman Steele now be required to apologize to Leader Limbaugh?

Jonathan Martin in Politico

On the same night Limbaugh was offering the keynote address to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Rush drew criticism from an unlikely source: Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele.

In a little-noticed interview Saturday night, Steele dismissed Limbaugh as an “entertainer” whose show is “incendiary” and “ugly.”

the new RNC chairman’s extraordinary comments won’t sit well with the millions of conservative listeners Limbaugh draws each week, and Steele aides scrambled to limit the damage Monday morning

Monday on his show, Limbaugh said: "You know who needs a little leadership? Michael Steele and those at the RNC."

"It turns out we're the leaders”

Republicans face repercussions for criticizing Limbaugh.

“When a Republican did attack him, he had to turn around and come back and basically said that he's apologizing and was wrong,” Emanuel noted.

He was referring to Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) who last month took a shot at Limbaugh to POLITICO only to appear on his program the next day and plead momentary “foot-in-mouth disease.” Conant, the RNC spokesman, didn’t say whether Steele would go on the show.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
So who sets conservative priorities? Michael Steele claims he is party chairman. He criticized Rush Limbaugh and nobody noticed.

Will Chairman Steele now be required to apologize to Leader Limbaugh?

Jonathan Martin in Politico

I think it is safe to say that there never is a "Great Leader" setting conservative priorities. We leave that up to the other end of the spectrum. :shifty:

I suspect that there has rarely ever been a single "voice" of conservatism. Based on the straw-poll at C-Pac that endorsed Romney it is very apparent that the current conservative movement is clearly lacking any form of guiding voice. It is highly fragmented at the moment. Limbaugh is a perceptive guy and has a good nose for what is going on but he is not a leader.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Steele's an aashat, any RNC Chairman that hopes the president succeeds on his policies and doesn't realize he just made the case of why even have a republican party is a complete moron!

What a zero!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Steele's an aashat, any RNC Chairman that hopes the president succeeds on his policies and doesn't realize he just made the case of why even have a republican party is a complete moron!

What a zero!
Ditto. He is no conservative. I think California is confusing the GOP party with conservatives. Sadly the GOP is no longer a home for true conservatives. It is a home for selective conservatism, but not true constitution conservatives.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
As typical from the left (no offense intended, California) the difference between Conservative and Republican is not understood. They are not synonymous. Just as Liberal and Democrat are not synonymous.

Conservatism is an ideology made of beliefs like self reliance, American Culture and language (English), border sovereignty and limited de-centralized government. Republican is a political affiliation with seemingly no guiding principals. The Republican platform is like a flag in the breeze. If the republicans were more conservative and less power hungry, democrat light, spending like drunken sailors, trying to appeal to voting blocks (that will never back them), they would have a much more universal following in this country.

Like it or not, we as the USA, are a center-right country in our beliefs and culture.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
RNC Chief Apologizes for Ripping Rush Limbaugh

Two days after calling Rush Limbaugh a mere "entertainer" with an "incendiary" talk show, RNC chairman Michael Steele apologizes to a "national conservative leader."

WASHINGTON -- Two days after calling Rush Limbaugh a mere "entertainer" with an "incendiary" talk show, Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele apologized and acknowledged the radio commentator as a "national conservative leader."

"To the extent that my remarks helped the Democrats in Washington to take the focus, even for one minute, off of their irresponsible expansion of government, I truly apologize," Steele said late Monday.

Steele's statement capped a remarkable weekend of awkward sparring between Republican officials and Limbaugh, who has repeatedly voiced his desire that President Barack Obama's economic policies fail.

The back and forth reached a fever pitch Monday afternoon when Limbaugh roared back in response to a Steele interview with CNN's D.L. Hughley Saturday night. In that interview, Steele rejected assertions that Limbaugh was the "de facto" leader of the GOP. "Rush Limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment," Steele said then. "Yes, it's incendiary. Yes, it's ugly."

Limbaugh used his Monday talk show to unleash on Steele.
"Why are you running the Republican Party?" Limbaugh asked on his radio show. "Why do you claim you lead the Republican Party when you seem obsessed with seeing to it that President Obama succeeds? ... I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit."

The infighting between a top party official and a conservative opinion leader with an audience of more than 20 million developed into a distracting episode for a party struggling to compete with a popular president and find its voice as the opposition party.

"I respect Rush Limbaugh, he is a national conservative leader, and in no way do I want to diminish his voice," Steele said in a statement late Monday. "I'm sure that he and I will agree most of the time, but will probably disagree some as well, which is fine.

"The Democrats are doing everything they can to find ways to take people's attention off of their massive 36-billion-dollar-a-day spending spree that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have embarked on. To the extent that my remarks helped the Democrats in Washington to take the focus, even for one minute, off of their irresponsible expansion of government, I truly apologize."

Democrats, who have been trying to handcuff Republicans to Limbaugh, reacted gleefully to Steele's apology, saying it illustrated Limbaugh's influence over the party.

"Chairman Steele's reversal this evening and his apology to Limbaugh proves the unfortunate point that Limbaugh is the leading force behind the Republican Party, its politics and its obstruction of President Obama's agenda in Washington," Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, said Monday evening.

Over the past several days, the White House and its Democratic allies have launched a concerted effort to draw attention to Limbaugh in a belief that his support exists only among the most die-hard conservatives.
Democrats have used Limbaugh as their foil instead of Republican congressional leaders, recognizing that part of Obama's appeal is his outreach to Republicans, even if it's not intended to bear immediate fruit.

On Sunday, White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel said: "It's our desire that the Republicans would work with us and try to be constructive, rather than adopt the philosophy of somebody like Rush Limbaugh, who is praying for failure." It was a theme that Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs reiterated during his press briefing Monday.

This weekend, a labor-liberal coalition began airing about $100,000 in ads on national cable television and in Washington markets in an effort to handcuff the GOP to Limbaugh, whose provocations don't always follow party script.

"Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party -- he says jump and they say how high," said Brad Woodhouse, president of Americans United for Change, the liberal advocacy group that is sponsoring the ads with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees.

Limbaugh has refused to back down. Speaking Saturday to a conservative convention in Washington, he said: "What is so strange about being honest and saying, 'I want Barack Obama to fail if his mission is to restructure and reform this country so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation?' Why would I want that to succeed?"

The words made some Republicans besides Steele flinch. Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia, the No. 2 Republican leader in the House, on Sunday seemed eager to change the subject. "Nobody -- no Republican, no Democrat -- wants this president to fail, nor do they want this country to fail or the economy to fail," he said on ABC's "This Week."