• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

its not your fault

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
The back story My daughter fell in love with a guy he got him self locked up on a drug selling charge. Meanwhile, my daughter got to spend a bit of time at the crowbar motel to. I had a talk with both I asked wtf do they expect me at my age to be raising more kids I didn't father. in my family I have 2 step kids that I gladly took in and raised them as mine, and its been the step kids getting in to trouble mostly petty crap. not for the rest of the story the. son in law who was locked up and because of the stupid thing he did got a nickname straight from all in the family, was fatally stabbed the other night. My step son was the one to do it. I did not encourage fighting when young nor did I encourage sticking your nose where it didn't belong because those activity's can escalate. the moral to the story Is that all we can do as parents and especially as foster parents is do the best we can do but as kids grow older they may not choose to learn from our wisdom, and we cant hold ourselves responsible. I hope in the end something good comes out of all this crap because I feel so bad for the other individual's family and most especially his parents.

Real sorry to hear this Don, I wish you and your family the best. I have had many discussions with friends and family members regarding all the turmoil we are seeing in the news lately and as I keep pointing out, this type of human behavior has been going on since the very beginning and will continue long after we are gone. Children are taught right from wrong but then have to go out into the world and test the waters to see what is true and what is not. My daughters are just now coming out of their liberal phase that the education system continually feeds them. They have learned some hard lessons just like we all have growing up.
Sounds like your family is learning much harder lessons and I hope some good comes out of it. The best a father can do in my opinion is lead by example and knowing you even as little as I do, I can tell you are providing a great example. Hang in there, buddy! You've got my number if you ever need to talk.

Randy

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Druga and Booze. Victimless crimes right?

Except for the family members.

Sorry to hear this Snowtrac.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I dont know you except for posting back and forth. I feel for you and your family at a time like this. But like everyone else here has said, its no reflection on you so try not to beat yourself up over it. Marty

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
not beating my self up we all want to do the noble thing and help out a kid in need what I wanted to point out to those like me is just because we do everything right is in the end when kids become adults they make their own choices and they some times decide not to learn from our mistakes.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
not beating my self up we all want to do the noble thing and help out a kid in need what I wanted to point out to those like me is just because we do everything right is in the end when kids become adults they make their own choices and they some times decide not to learn from our mistakes.

Or their own.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly not sure how to respond. But I do agree with you, sometimes no matter what you do, your kids will make a bad choice. It really boils down to that and you see that reality.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear, Don!! I hope everything works out for you. Get a public defender for the step son.
Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was good to talk to you this afternoon Don... :smile:

Keep your chin up, it will get better, you will see....

Best regards, Kirk