• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Well, we beat the Chineese.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Received the Purchase Order Thursday. We bid against a Chinese company to do a mail piece for the Special Olympics. Six figure contract.

Short turnaround time with competitive pricing required.
We had an edge in that I had invented a new process years ago to do it. But the process was never appropriate to anything we were selling.

This time was different.
I bid it to make money.

Thursday night I did a press check at 1:00AM to get the parts printed.
Today, after three 16 hour days of retooling, we started the machines. A good launch.

So, for the next three months, my team has lucrative work, paychecks, and maybe I'll make enough to buy that new tractor & brush hog for the ranch.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Good job on the bidding, Franc!! It must feel good to beat a competitor who pays wages lots lower than yours.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is not the first time for us. Back in 2008 we beat them on manufacture and wrapping of 3-D glasses. We them held off until 2011 when technology made the temporary paper plastic lensed unit obsolete.

They put them in little premade poly bags and sealed by hand. A couple hundred kids sitting around tables with $35.00 hand sealers.

We wrapped them as the bag was made. Two people at 180 packages per minute. We also drew a vacuum on the bag making it the best for tipping onto VCR tapes and DVD's. This not only put us to work but revitalized a small company in Memphis TN for five years.

Keep it in America folks.