• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1954 Tucker snow cat crew trailer

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
this post is about the 1954 tucker sno-cat crew trailer that is on several craigslists throughout the country. I talked with the guy before it was listed on craigslist and had a deal with him, he is out of town till after the first of the year, and we were to meet when he got back home, anyway, in the meanwhile, his girl friend and or something like that, listed it without telling him and now greed seems to have entered into this. our agreement was for less money, and I agreed to pay him his original asking price, it was pretty much at the top end of what it was worth.

what I do know about the trailer is, the tongue is cut off and is gone, along with the frame work for the skis has been really hacked up, along with the crew part of the trailer is not factory built...overall it is a very visionary project.

if he is a man of his word, I still have first right of refusal. we'll see?

I am sharing this, simply because, you win some and loose some,

before someone gets excited about finding a trailer, please beware of condition and greed issues when dealing with him. I, myself would not buy from him unless you are standing right there making the exchange of money and trailer....

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
this post is about the 1954 tucker sno-cat crew trailer that is on several craigslists throughout the country. I talked with the guy before it was listed on craigslist and had a deal with him, he is out of town till after the first of the year, and we were to meet when he got back home, anyway, in the meanwhile, his girl friend and or something like that, listed it without telling him and now greed seems to have entered into this. our agreement was for less money, and I agreed to pay him his original asking price, it was pretty much at the top end of what it was worth.

what I do know about the trailer is, the tongue is cut off and is gone, along with the frame work for the skis has been really hacked up, along with the crew part of the trailer is not factory built...overall it is a very visionary project.

if he is a man of his word, I still have first right of refusal. we'll see?

I am sharing this, simply because, you win some and loose some,

before someone gets excited about finding a trailer, please beware of condition and greed issues when dealing with him. I, myself would not buy from him unless you are standing right there making the exchange of money and trailer....

FYI, the price is $5,000.00 OBO

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You coming out for Head of the Charles Regata this year with that crew trailer ?

Attachments

• 7474E210-6CD0-4B8C-A2AE-EC3CBADA3F66.jpeg
    7474E210-6CD0-4B8C-A2AE-EC3CBADA3F66.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 738

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
You coming out for Head of the Charles Regata this year with that crew trailer ?

I have rowed the Head of the Charles many times, wonderful people, great fun, still searching for that perfect stroke, singles and doubles are my love. those great early boat builders like Pocock of Seattle, beautiful hand built wood boats. and the grease on the back of your leg...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
927 tucker sno cat trailer

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f3.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_f3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 501
  • fullsizeoutput_f4.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_f4.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 415

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Princess is that the one you were telling me about? If so get me some more info on where it is located in a PM and I will go on a safari and try to get my eyeballs on it.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Princess is that the one you were telling me about? If so get me some more info on where it is located in a PM and I will go on a safari and try to get my eyeballs on it.

yes it is, but sadly it found a new home, the seller was NOT a person to be trusted and or believed...

thank you for your offer to help, win some loose some and life goes on....

and they all lived happily ever after

Last edited:

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Well damn I'm going to be off awhile and would have time to harass someone about sno-cat parts, never know might get bored out of my mind and go traveling to the sno-cat mecca.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
now now now, win some loose some, stay orange and tucker on, we are

and they lived happily ever after

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the patent has expired on the pontoon design,

though,

the trademark / copyright claims are still valid, so, trend lightly

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
the patent has expired on the pontoon design,

though,

the trademark / copyright claims are still valid, so, trend lightly

I'm not exactly sure what that means. My interpretation would be you could copy the design and all the individual parts, but you couldn't stamp the pontoons with either the Tucker name or the word "SNO-CAT".

PP, is that correct?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not exactly sure what that means. My interpretation would be you could copy the design and all the individual parts, but you couldn't stamp the pontoons with either the Tucker name or the word "SNO-CAT".

PP, is that correct?

the copyright claims/laws would more than likely stop you, cause the style shape etc, etc etc, and pretty darn sure the factory would have their atty send you a letter if you were manufacturing anything to sell that was related to a tucker sno-cat and now that they have a Vintage Department, probably even more so now.

contact your atty for legal advice, I only play an atty on the forums.

the patent has expired.

I would rather make snow trac parts and or even a brand new one:thumbup:

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
the copyright claims/laws would more than likely stop you, cause the style shape etc, etc etc, and pretty darn sure the factory would have their atty send you a letter if you were manufacturing anything to sell that was related to a tucker sno-cat and now that they have a Vintage Department, probably even more so now.

contact your atty for legal advice, I only play an atty on the forums.

the patent has expired.

I would rather make snow trac parts and or even a brand new one:thumbup:

I'm certainly not an attorney either, but considering the huge number of companies that sell aftermarket parts for the automotive sector, including body panels that very closely replicate the original design, I'm not sure what Tucker could do legally to stop you.

Sure, they could have an attorney send you a very threatening letter, but it might well be "all bark and no bite"; meaning the law doesn't support the letter's verbiage.

But using another's trademark I understand is a big no-no and I would think they could (and would) stop that.

One of my very best friends has a business that, among other things, sells replacement parts for a particular brand of machine tools. The original company has long since gone out of business, but at the bankruptcy sale another firm bought the rights to the name. There's a line he can't cross in marketing those parts, but I don't believe they can legally stop him, or they would have a long time ago.

But you would have a market for replacement Snow Trac parts, and in producing those, you'd increase the value of existing Snow Tracs due to the parts availability!