• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Hydraulic Pump Info

waterman

I have a Tucker 1442, It has a Vickers v20p priority pump and has 2 hydraulic circuits, one for the steering and one for hydraulic contols. I want to remove the hydraulic contols, so I need a different pump. (non piority)
Can anyone give me the Vickers # for a standard pump to only control sreering ?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the tuckers i have seen have had a vickers vtm pumps on them, it's an inexpensive power steering pump for comercial applications international /ford trucks exet. also military 5 ton trucke with a multifuel engine used them too, that's what mine came from.

j farm

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a 2 circuit pump on my 542 model tucker and was told you could run the pressure hose that supplied the valve body back to the return on the hydraulic tank, and leave the other pressure hose connected to the steering control valve. If you were to plug off the pressure hose to the aux. valve it would crack the pump body.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Vickers is a centrifical vane pump. THis is the back bone of a "closed center" hydrolic system. The pump pumps ALL of the time. You must provide a pathway of little resistance for the oil to go back to the resivior. Other wise you dead head the pump and the oil temps will get to the deep fat frier levels and the pump will be trash. SO yes the presure line to the Aux valves should be fine going back to the oil tank....

Open center system use a preasure and volume compensating pump. The pump destrokes itself when there is no load or oil movement..It is the more modern of the two types BTW.

Regards, Kirk

waterman

The main system has a bypass in the circuit that sends oil back to the tank, the second circuit must have a external relief valve, if you plug the second circuit it does dead head the pump. I am trying to get rid of the extra hoses as they are close to the exaust and are not needed.
Thanks.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don's use my hydraulics off my Vickers and I just hooked the hoses together to loop the system. This way in the future I can put it back in and it will not hurt the pump. Cheap and easy. Northerntool should have the union you need.