• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Took Bob's advice...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob Barker that is!!!

Just dropped Willow(our cat) off at the vet to have her spayed. About time too. The vet is only here once every two months or so. The cat has been crazy the past month. Seems like she spent the past month in heat. She's fine during the day but at night, we've had to listen to the rrrrrowww, rrrrowwww, all night long. Been a few sleepless nights to say the least. The cat was literally in heat every 4-5 days for a few days at a time. She's an indoor cat. But sat by the window howling with 3-4 male cats outside doing the same thing. One of the male cats I figure was her father since he has the exact same markings as her but was almost twice the size.

My wife and I thought it'd be a good idea last night to get a sitter and go out just the two of us. We got back and found that our youngest son thought it would be a good idea to let the cat out. Took us till 2am to get her back in the house.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hahaha!!!:yum:

Funny thing is....I did suggest that to my wife last night when I took her out for chineese food!:yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear you got it done. More owners need to do it. The shelter the wife and I work at runs low cost clinics for this all the time. If more vets were willing to donate their time once a month we could get a lot more. We are fortunate to have access to Cornell veterinary school and they send instructors and students down to do the surgeries. We try real hard to treat them well when they come down. Dunkin Donuts in the morning and the wife bakes some treats for later. They often put in a ball busting long day of 8-10+ hrs. of surgery. It is amazing to see the care they extend to the animals. I can't thank them enough.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wasn't exactly cheap to get it done. $250 for just the spay job not counting shots.

When we adopted Hershey from the shelter, the adoption fee was $200 which included neutering, shots, microchip.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is why we do low cost clinics. Male cats are $40 and females are $60. basically pays for the shots and supplies. We do dogs as well. Vets are just as high down here.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wow you guys got it expensive. We have a place in a neighboring town 25 miles away that we took our dog Annie to for a 2nd opinion of our her torn ACL. Get this, office visit $20.00. We were there for almost an hour. We bought a bunch of pain killers and got twice as many for half the price of our in town local one.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the old days of reasonably priced vets are gone. Had an old guy who would come and do the mules,cows,horses and dogs and cats with one stop. Everybody got shots and whatever they needed and it was never over $100. Today it is 30-50 just to walk in the door.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wasn't exactly cheap to get it done. $250 for just the spay job not counting shots.

When we adopted Hershey from the shelter, the adoption fee was $200 which included neutering, shots, microchip.
Holy Crap !
The wife took me down to the local vet for my Vasectomy and if cost something like $60 total . I even got a Doggie treat too ! Of course I now have hankin for dry type dog food when watching TV and a cat makes me excited to chase it ...........:unsure: