• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama Economic Plan: Go Buy A Thingamajig

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Produced in all 57 states in zero emission, unicorn fart powered factories where so many highly paid, full-benefit package receiving workers are employed that unemployment falls to record lows and GDP skyrockets.

It could happen, right?

This is exactly the type of forward thinking that will get us out of the economic doldrums. Kudos to you Barry.

Now it's time to start working on my patent for a doohickey methinks. I smell a big, fat government contract coming my way.

h/t Libertarian Patriot- Left Coast Rebel

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiDvAoCF68"]Obama Economic Plan: Go Buy A Thingamajig - YouTube[/ame]

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I get a kick out of him speaking at the multinational Honeywell which is certainly not a "small business."

Kane

That 45 seconds of listening to Obama the Chosen One instilled so much confidence. So much confidence, in fact, that I might just go out and buy that thigamajig.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I must have missed something. What is the thingamajig fund?, and how do I get in on it?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I must have missed something. What is the thingamajig fund?, and how do I get in on it?
Too late! I told them i wanted to harvest the wind so they gave the last grant they had.:whistling::yum::yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
:flowers: I'm waiting until morning then I will go out and collect a bucket full of sunshine

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
In all fairness, the entire speech should be considered for full discussion.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jALfyG0elHI&feature=related"]President Obama at Honeywell in Golden Valley, MN - June 1, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
sorry 28 minutes & 23 seconds of that crap is about 28 minutes & 23 seconds more than I can stomach:puking:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
To my ears, Obama is not advocating a gift from the govt, via taxpayers, of $3000.00. He is advocating for "responsible homeowners" to keep more of what they earn. The video clip that is being circulated is a cut and doesn't give the full context of what Obama said.

He said
Obama at 10:16 in video said:
Instead of just talking about job creators, Congress should give small business owners a tax break for hiring more workers and paying them higher wages. We can get that done. We can get it done right now. Let's not wait. Right now, Congress should give every responsible homeowner the opportunity to save an average of $3,000.00/yr by refinancing their mortgage. We've got historically low interest rates right now. I was with a family in Reno, Nevada a couple of weeks ago and they got a chance to refinance even though their home was underwater-put that money back in their pockets because we had taken some steps as an administration to make that available for those who have mortgages held by govt agencies like the FHA or govt guarantee. But, not everybody has those kinds of mortgages. I want every body to have those same opportunities. I assume there are some folks here who could use $3000.00/yr. Let's get that done right now. That means there's going to be...You know, if you have $3000.00/yr extra, that helps you pay down your credit cards. It helps you go out and buy some things that your family needs-which is good for business! Maybe somebody'll be replacing a uh some thingamajig for their er uh furnace. They've been, they've been puttin' that off! But if they got that extra money, they might just go out there and buy that thing, right?
I know most FF members absolutely despise Obama but could this be one area that he, in your eyes, just might be the proverbial blind squirrel who got a nut? Is there anything wrong with calling on the banking industry for a little tit for tat? After all, it was the taxpayers that bailed out the banking industry to the tune of billions of dollars. It was the banking industry that engaged in all kinds of shenanigans that contributed to the crash of the stock market, wiped out 401ks and in spite of creating a global financial catastrophe the results of which we have yet to see, gave themselves billions in bonuses. It is this industry that collaborated with Wall Street to create derivatives. (You know, those weapons of mass economic destruction that some financial experts estimate to be in the 1.2 QUADRILLION dollar range and is the ticking time bomb that is a clear and present danger to the world economy?) After all that, is there anything wrong with requiring the banking industry to foresake some of their anticipated interest and finance fees in order to return the bailout favor to the taxpayers? How can we have a problem with that? It sounds more reasonable than the earned income tax credit. We all know that credit actually takes money from taxpayers who earn more and gives to those who earn less and often times results in some people not only not paying taxes but getting a govt check they wouldn't otherwise get. I have a friend with 12 kids. Her husband is a pharmacist and she's a homemaker, homeschooler...they actually get extra money every year because of the tax deduction for each child. That is a program that in some cases, really does take from Peter to pay Paul.

I think the circulation of the video clip as presented in the OP is completely disingenuous, deceiptful and shameful in that it discourages an honest discussion about what was really said. If you are of the mind to listen to his entire speech, he addresses jobs for returning vets among other things.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
$3,000.00 sounds great. We couldall use it. Barry has a cool dlib=very about it, "we can get this done." Yeah!"

Not a word about who gets to pay for it.

Banks have a lot of money.
So do a lot of large comapanies.
But,,,,,,

It's theirs. Not his to spend so freely.

he sure made the crowd happy with his vague but bold idea though didn't he?

I'm not buyin' it. Not because Barry said it, but because it simply isn't feasable.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
He is advocating for "responsible homeowners" to keep more of what they earn.

I'm confused. I confuse easily. It comes with old age. Sorry.

Precisely how are homeowners going to keep more of what they earn. A tax cut? If so, don't many in the liberal left blame alot of our situation we are in concerning the deficit, on the Bush era tax cuts? How are more tax cuts going to help, if one professes to follow that particular train of thought? What am I missing here. :doh:

Is Soetoro professing to have banks and corporations donate the money? How? Why would they? How do you force them constitutionally?

The so called rich? Make them pay more? Most of the rich own companies us poor people work for (or used to in my situation). Won't they just cut back on expenses to finance this brainstorm?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Here we go again.
A business person will hire another employee ONLY when they need extra help and can turn a profit by hiring the extra help.

Simple math - even the lowest level employee costs 30k a year with bennies and all. So how much funny money will the business owners get to hire this unneeded person?

Then the azzwipe will blame business for not hiring people even though he "gave" them a few thousand buck bribe.

And btw - isn't there some racial undertone to "thingamajig"? Somebody should tell Sharpton and Jackson.

grizzer

To my ears, Obama is not advocating a gift from the govt, via taxpayers, of $3000.00. He is advocating for "responsible homeowners" to keep more of what they earn. The video clip that is being circulated is a cut and doesn't give the full context of what Obama said.

He said I know most FF members absolutely despise Obama but could this be one area that he, in your eyes, just might be the proverbial blind squirrel who got a nut? Is there anything wrong with calling on the banking industry for a little tit for tat? After all, it was the taxpayers that bailed out the banking industry to the tune of billions of dollars. It was the banking industry that engaged in all kinds of shenanigans that contributed to the crash of the stock market, wiped out 401ks and in spite of creating a global financial catastrophe the results of which we have yet to see, gave themselves billions in bonuses. It is this industry that collaborated with Wall Street to create derivatives. (You know, those weapons of mass economic destruction that some financial experts estimate to be in the 1.2 QUADRILLION dollar range and is the ticking time bomb that is a clear and present danger to the world economy?) After all that, is there anything wrong with requiring the banking industry to foresake some of their anticipated interest and finance fees in order to return the bailout favor to the taxpayers? How can we have a problem with that? It sounds more reasonable than the earned income tax credit. We all know that credit actually takes money from taxpayers who earn more and gives to those who earn less and often times results in some people not only not paying taxes but getting a govt check they wouldn't otherwise get. I have a friend with 12 kids. Her husband is a pharmacist and she's a homemaker, homeschooler...they actually get extra money every year because of the tax deduction for each child. That is a program that in some cases, really does take from Peter to pay Paul.

I think the circulation of the video clip as presented in the OP is completely disingenuous, deceiptful and shameful in that it discourages an honest discussion about what was really said. If you are of the mind to listen to his entire speech, he addresses jobs for returning vets among other things.

He is simply tongue wagging - remember his sky is falling rush to stimulus? Shovel ready turns out to be not so shovel ready as it took a year to establish and validate pay rates.

His right now is choking on regulatory red tape - same as small business.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
$3,000.00 sounds great. We couldall use it. Barry has a cool dlib=very about it, "we can get this done." Yeah!"

Not a word about who gets to pay for it.

Banks have a lot of money.
So do a lot of large comapanies.
But,,,,,,

It's theirs. Not his to spend so freely.

he sure made the crowd happy with his vague but bold idea though didn't he?

I'm not buyin' it. Not because Barry said it, but because it simply isn't feasable.
In this one instance, here, Obama is talking about refinancing. How he sees Congress role in this, I have no idea. Obama did refer to the FHA in his Honeywell speech and I'm reading where the FHA cut refinancing requirements. http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-03-06/economy/31125606_1_fha-white-house-plan-mortgages
smileysurf.gif

smileysurf.gif

smileysurf.gif

Okay, it looks as though Obama was referring to the bill titled the Responsible Homeowners Refinancing Act which appears to be geared to homeowners who are underwater....also seems to be directed toward Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans. I see where the National Association of Realtors supports this bill. "NAR supports the "Responsible Homeowner Refinancing Act" because it offers relief to responsible homeowners who have good credit and consistently meet their mortgage obligations, but who have been unable to refinance into lower interest rates because of constraints in Fannie Mae's and Freddie Mac's mortgage refinance guidelines." http://www.realtor.org/news-release...bill-to-help-responsible-homeowners-refinance

Again, isn't his one area where the proverbially blind squirrel gets a nut? What is wrong with this?

Kane

In this one instance, here, Obama is talking about refinancing. How he sees Congress role in this, I have no idea. Obama did refer to the FHA in his Honeywell speech and I'm reading where the FHA cut refinancing requirements. http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-03-06/economy/31125606_1_fha-white-house-plan-mortgages
smileysurf.gif

smileysurf.gif

smileysurf.gif

Okay, it looks as though Obama was referring to the bill titled the Responsible Homeowners Refinancing Act which appears to be geared to homeowners who are underwater....also seems to be directed toward Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans. I see where the National Association of Realtors supports this bill. "NAR supports the "Responsible Homeowner Refinancing Act" because it offers relief to responsible homeowners who have good credit and consistently meet their mortgage obligations, but who have been unable to refinance into lower interest rates because of constraints in Fannie Mae's and Freddie Mac's mortgage refinance guidelines." http://www.realtor.org/news-release...bill-to-help-responsible-homeowners-refinance

Again, isn't his one area where the proverbially blind squirrel gets a nut? What is wrong with this?

CityGirl, CityGirl. Obama's eloquent promise of $3,000, once again, is not based upon an act of Congress or any other program. So you can stop looking. I commend you, tho, as one liberal Democrat that actually takes time to try and understand or debunk what the man says. Your pay grade is obviously much higher than the politically ignorant folks that make up the vast majority of Obama's base.

But his Golden Valley speech was just another intentionally vague promise of free money to whomever will vote for him. Typical Obama. Just Barry being Barry.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
CityGirl, CityGirl. Obama's eloquent promise of $3,000, once again, is not based upon an act of Congress or any other program. So you can stop looking. I commend you, tho, as a Democrat that actually takes time to try and understand or debunk what the man says. Your pay grade is obviouisly much higher than the politically ignorant folks that make up the vast majority of Obama's base.

But his Golden Vally speech was just another intentionally vague promise of free money to whomever will vote for him.

Kane,
Do not be condescending and don't presume to know my political affiliation. Presumption is unbecoming as you might have learned by presuming you knew just which Jim Quinn wrote the article I posted.

I didn't hear Obama promise $3000.00. I heard him advocating for responsible mortgage owners to be able to take advantage of these historically low interest rates and there is a bill being put forth that would assist some people to take advantage of those rates.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
smileysurf.gif

smileysurf.gif

smileysurf.gif

I find nothing new but the added sugar to his presentation here.

Obama continues to target our attention to the underwater home owner. And continues to present beautiful sweet programs that fail to help more than a very select few. To qualify for his last program, you had to be up on you payments. Which means you were doing OK and ought to continue to keep your promise to the lender.

But keeping promises is a virtue. Not neccesarily something at which a politician is very good. So that program helped virtualy no one but, was an easy fake out to his adoring fans.

And apparently this new dreamscape does as well.

As with all his sweet sounding fairy tale propasals, he has a villan and a hero.

The villain is always the rich capitalists and the GOP (as though they were the same folks) andhe is always the white night charging windmills.

This brummagen is fairy speak and nothing more than the tongue wagging of an anti colonialist Marxist. Whom always make enticing plans in public, as they organize their pogroms over cigars and whiskey in the back rooms.

At the rate Barry is spinning more of his procrustean yarns. Just like the procrustean Affordable (an incredibly laughable term) Health care. It is a shame we cannot harness the energy. It could eclipse the Solyndra scandal for him.

Last edited:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't hear Obama promise $3000.00. I heard him advocating for responsible mortgage owners to be able to take advantage of these historically low interest rates and there is a bill being put forth that would assist some people to take advantage of those rates.
Don't people need jobs to buy houses?

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't people need jobs to buy houses?
Who's talking about buying homes?

"Right now, Congress should give every responsible homeowner the opportunity to save an average of $3,000.00/yr by refinancing their mortgage. We've got historically low interest rates right now." Obama speech to Honeywell International

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Who's talking about buying homes?

"Right now, Congress should give every responsible homeowner the opportunity to save an average of $3,000.00/yr by refinancing their mortgage. We've got historically low interest rates right now." Obama speech to Honeywell International

Exactly. In other words, he's proposing that lending requirements be relaxed in order for people to refinance at lower interest rates. The downside is less money coming in to the GSE's but there could be a downside if more people default on their mortgages because of higher interest rates. What I don't like about the legislation is that it also will penalize\fine 2nd mortgage holders who won't go along with the refinancing. That strikes me as ex post facto legislation which interferes with the freedom to enter into contracts.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Franc, if this program only helps those that least need it (the ones who are current on their payments) where is the help for those that most need it, those that are behind and facing foreclosure?

One more question. I have always lived within my means and only bought things I could afford to make payments one. Why should I help those that bought in over their heads and are now crying uncle? Not my fault they are stupid.

More sunshine and lollipops from Barry Soetoro.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Barry says the banks ought to give back to the taxpayers that bailed them out.

Right!:hammer:

We should not have bailed them out.

That said, it is the Frank-Dodd act that has frustrated the lending institutions not their greed.

Has anyone tried to get a house loan or a refinance lately? The process is unbelieably hard. Thanks mostly to Congress and Barry's friends Bawney Fwank and Country Wide stooge Chris Dodd. And now Barry suggests we relax lending standards? Isn't that what he said was the original issue with the banks?

Last edited:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry instead of phrasing it as "buy a house;" I should have phrased it: don't people need jobs to refinance a house?"
I find it ironic that he gives that speech at Honeywell a company noted for laying of employees and outsourcing the jobs overseas.

fustyruk

Cuts in taxes to small business will actually help create jobs. Real facts, not FOX facts, prove 87% of new jobs are created by small business, unlike the ridiculous defense of outsourcing mega-corps or "the job creators" that will magically pull new jobs out of their asses if we just give them more corporate welfare and bigger tax breaks. True they are creating new jobs, you just have to move to Communist China to find that new job.

Trickle down doesn't work. Thirty years of Reaganomics has proven it to be a failure or have you forgot how many jobs this country lost while Republicans helped corps with special tax breaks move jobs out of the country. Trickle up will work but for the FOX/PAC mentally impaired cooliad drinkers facts mean nothing.

Obama is working to keep Americans from losing their homes instead of speeding up the foreclosure process as Mitt Romney suggested and if fighting to help Americans keep their homes makes Obama a bad guy then this country has its head further up its ass than I ever thought possible.

Of course no one is going to watch the entire speech Citygirl. The edited version that has President Obama stumble over a few words is supposed to mean something negative and i'm sure in that strange bizarro world far rightwingers live in it does.

Lets forget their hero GW bush explaing Social Security
"Because the -- all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculate, for example, is on the table; whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to what has been promised. Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate -- the benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed to wage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is affected, it will help on the red.
Okay, better? I'll keep working on it."

Obama may stumble from time to time, all human beings do, but when he speaks he is coherent and maybe that's why the right hates him so much. President Obama doesn't speak in small idiot sound bites and rumor based three word bumper sticker talking points and you know what that means... he's uppity. :whistling:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
So cut the taxes. Who is stopping him? He has been president for 4 years the first 2 his party controlled both houses of Congress why didn't he cut taxes then?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Cuts in taxes to small business will actually help create jobs. Real facts, not FOX facts, prove 87% of new jobs are created by small business, unlike the ridiculous defense of outsourcing mega-corps or "the job creators" that will magically pull new jobs out of their asses if we just give them more corporate welfare and bigger tax breaks. True they are creating new jobs, you just have to move to Communist China to find that new job.

Trickle down doesn't work. Thirty years of Reaganomics has proven it to be a failure or have you forgot how many jobs this country lost while Republicans helped corps with special tax breaks move jobs out of the country. Trickle up will work but for the FOX/PAC mentally impaired cooliad drinkers facts mean nothing.

Obama is working to keep Americans from losing their homes instead of speeding up the foreclosure process as Mitt Romney suggested and if fighting to help Americans keep their homes makes Obama a bad guy then this country has its head further up its ass than I ever thought possible.

Of course no one is going to watch the entire speech Citygirl. The edited version that has President Obama stumble over a few words is supposed to mean something negative and i'm sure in that strange bizarro world far rightwingers live in it does.

Lets forget their hero GW bush explaing Social Security
"Because the -- all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculate, for example, is on the table; whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to what has been promised. Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate -- the benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed to wage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is affected, it will help on the red.
Okay, better? I'll keep working on it."

Obama may stumble from time to time, all human beings do, but when he speaks he is coherent and maybe that's why the right hates him so much. President Obama doesn't speak in small idiot sound bites and rumor based three word bumper sticker talking points and you know what that means... he's uppity. :whistling:
Yup thats great info to know, thankyou so much for enlightening us. :doh: Enjoy what little freedom you have left if you actually beleive that crap. :sad:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Real facts, not FOX facts, prove 87% of new jobs are created by small business, unlike the ridiculous defense of outsourcing mega-corps or "the job creators" that will magically pull new jobs out of their asses if we just give them more corporate welfare and bigger tax breaks.
Once again why was he giving that speech at Honeywell?
Honeywell is a large multinational company that outsources to Singapore and Croatia.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh I don't hate him.
I simply think he's the most inept community organizer to ever have had the opportunity to make the big time!! :w00t2::neutral:

3 examples, please, if you can find any.

With no reason to be..

blahh...