• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fast Food

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Why is it if you order something off the menu with no cheese you don't get credit but if you order something and tell them to add cheese they charge you an absorbit amount?

k-dog

I know when I worked at McD's way back in the day, there was a button to add cheese which also added to the cost but the button to say no cheese was merely a button to tell those fixing it not to put cheese on it.

Of course there are clever ways to work the system too. Like when Big Macs go on sale and if you don't like the sauce, you order the Big Mac without sauce and add mustard or ketchup or just get it plain.

The next time you get a sandwich and don't want cheese, tell them you want the cheese on the side and then they aren't making any money off the cheese you didn't want. Then you can throw it away or give to someone who wants extra cheese :biggrin:

Lia

Banned
Why is it if you order something off the menu with no cheese you don't get credit but if you order something and tell them to add cheese they charge you an absorbit amount?

More importantly, where can one get decent cheese at a restaurant, or an hotel? Its all so mediocre, and/or procesed. In many cases it doesn't even meet the legal definition of cheese.

One has to go far and wide, and pay thro the nose to get a decent cheese at an hotel or restaurant. Food manufacturers get away with murder, and we pay the ever increasing price for substitute foods, or inferior ingredients. I'm not just talking cheese here either... :hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Because they CAN.

Special orders do not get a discount ...ordering with no cheese is a special order and takes special handling.
While telling them to add something that would not normally come with a sandwich does add to the cost so they charge you accordingly.

Loosing 80 pounds I thought for sure he swore off fast food Murph. :eek:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Back in the 80's they used to make up plenty of the menu and have it all ready to go being heated. My x wife worked at Hardees and the food could only sit so long. After it expired - it was thrown away.

So to get a fresh made burger you had to order a special order.

Now, each order is made on the spot.

They should be able to subtract the cost of not adding cheese.

Obdurate

You know, valid question, but what I really want to know is, why is it that whenever I order no cheese, they fuck it up?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, valid question, but what I really want to know is, why is it that whenever I order no cheese, they fuck it up?

It's their only form of entertainment. After all, they work for minimum wage and have hours that make no fucking sense, and work just enough hours to not qualify for any benefits. Of course they're going to fuck up your order, it's the American fast-food way...but don't take it personally.