• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's the golf course I mentioned that was flooded
FB_IMG_1652401062635.jpg
FB_IMG_1652401261983.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This is about 30km west of me. That river is normally a 100 ft wide channel along the trees on the left. There's a few houses along the highway. This is a portion of highway 11/17 which is the only paved highway connection between east and west Canada. As you can see, water is over the road which is at risk of washing out. This is BAD! We're fine at home but our camp is 40 miles the other side of this.

FB_IMG_1652551043978.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A drone video of the flooding at nearby old fort William. A historical park dedicated to the beginnings of the fur trade in northwestern Ontario.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Winter is officially here. We had a storm come through last week that left a 2" thick layer of ice mixed with snow and rain. I woke up this morning to roughly 10" of snow and it's still falling. The busses are canceled.
16685137164073872899544933384543.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still light snow falling I just finished (kinda) plowing. I had most of the yard done when the transfer case on the old plow truck started squealing like a cat with it's tail caught in the door. It still shifts and runs but plowing snow in 2wd in wet snow ontop of ice is impossible. For the time being, I am searching for a set of chains to throw on the tires.

chowderman

here in Zone 5, our usual killing frost is mid-Oct. it was only last night that sub-freeze temps were predicted or happened.
not the norm - nor unusual. Greta is so disappointed. . .

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
We got about 8" last week and now it's cold. Thurs and fri nite are forecast to be about 4-5*F below zero. I hope this isn't a harbinger of what Jan will be!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a winter storm come through yesterday dropping 6-8" where we live. I plowed snow for an hour last night then finished off this morning before the winds picked up. Temperatures were at the freezing point yesterday while it snowed causing the snow to melt slightly. Then overnight the wind picked up dropping us to -5 Celsius with a windchill of-20

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a winter storm come through yesterday dropping 6-8" where we live. I plowed snow for an hour last night then finished off this morning before the winds picked up. Temperatures were at the freezing point yesterday while it snowed causing the snow to melt slightly. Then overnight the wind picked up dropping us to -5 Celsius with a windchill of -20. That made the snow we got stiffen up and very difficult to plow.

Deluge

Anyone else's body act like a barometer? Only a week ago it was 24celcius average. Now, it's only 4celcius. I can sure feel it in my bones. Been so sore I can barely move. Hate the extreme temperature changes. Almost freezing at night and above 20 during the day.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I get headaches with the pressure changes.