• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol IMP : a pain in the rear (differential)

timh

SUPER Site Supporter
the oc12 will change my gearing from 12 speeds to 4 so would i need to or be wise(something im not know for so far) to put a different trany on the engine also?? i know i ask alot of questions but i paid for not asking enough already.
thanks
timh

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Does anyone know if the OC12 is in any way shiftable?( like maybe it is a shifting transaxle like the OC4 but the factory fixed it in a gear so it would not shift).

Snowcat Pat

Bulldog1401, there is not a trans section in the OC-12 case like there is in a OC-4 if that is what you mean. Just the pinion housing.

Pat Foster
Wallace Idaho

mkntrakes

there is another company in California called drilling and trenching supply they have new ring and pinons for oc4 i think there is a link on team Richards sight

mkntrakes

in order to put an oc12 differential in a imp you have to widen the under carriage seems to me that it would be a lot cheaper just to rebuild the differential that is in the cat now

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
there is another company in California called drilling and trenching supply they have new ring and pinons for oc4 i think there is a link on team Richards sight

Is this the company mkntrakes?

Drilling & Trenching Supply
1940 Fairway Dr Ste J
San Leandro, CA , 94577-5639
Phone: 510-895-1650
FAX: 510-895-8129
Toll Free Phone: 800-331-9988

mkntrakes

Is this the company mkntrakes?

Drilling & Trenching Supply
1940 Fairway Dr Ste J
San Leandro, CA , 94577-5639
Phone: 510-895-1650
FAX: 510-895-8129
Toll Free Phone: 800-331-9988

that the one he also sells parts to the cletrac guys he has the ring and pinon made new

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, Snow cat Pat, that was what I was getting at. What is the difference between the 1401, 1402, ETC...?

timh

SUPER Site Supporter
the cletrac place is a little cheaper even though they buy from drilling supply although drilling supply says that they have all the gears for the oc4.:applause:

Gren

I'm still doing research to find out the proper replacement for the Conoco DN600 fluid originally specified for LMC 2100 Packmasters. I'm finding tons of opinions but no official factory type info on a substitute (yes I know that the factory is gone). In reading a lot of these posts I find it kind of interesting on how a lot of people chime in that (a) dont own or havent owned the particular piece of equipment being talked about or (b) never actually experience the problem but suggest or "think" this is how it should be solved etc(c) conclusion...lots of people like to chat (me too so I'm a bit of a hypocrite (Sp?)..anyway folks please be clear on your suggestions or presented info so the reader doesnt get confused between opinions (that can be 100% wrong) and what is the actual real deal. For example the Clark C-4 was used in a lot of Sprytes or LMC1200's. The Clark c-4 IS NOT the same as the OC-4.

Dr. Zaugg

I just might have a ring and pinion for that OC-4. I have a complete diff but I have not had time to open it up and rebuild it. I could do that but not before mid-October as I am up to my eyeballs already.
I am in Grand Junction
Paul