• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This Old White Country Boy!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
This old white country boy starting working at around 12 or so had a group of neighbors that I would do mowing for in the summer, rake leaves in the fall and shovel driveways in the winter. My Dad made good money growing up working for General Dynamics on ICBM sites in upstate VT and NY in the 50's early 60's so the money was mine to keep. I enjoyed making money and the things I could buy with it. At 14 I worked one summer as a grunt for a vegetable and fruit delivery company on top of my lawn mowing service. At 15 I worked for a painting contractor during the summer scraping, sanding and window glazing. At 16 I landed a job during the summer working for the local A&P Super market stocking shelves and unpacking seafood from carton of dry ice. At 17 I landed a summer job working for an electrical contractor during the summer and then went back to my A&P job on weekends until I graduated. Upon graduation, I deferred college to join the Navy for 4 years.

I changed my mind on re-up when I was accepted into the IBEW and to be trained as a high voltage electrician. No work in the trade upon discharge so I worked as a 3 phase motor rewinder for 2 1/2 years until finally the union called and the rest is history.

I am telling you all this not to brag, nothing to brag about really. Many here have worked just as hard or harder.

The reason I am telling y'all this is I have more then earned the right to more then criticize today's young fools with big mouths who think they are somehow entitled to a job, a house, a nice car, food in the frig and fancy clothes on their back. Led by this new breed of liberals who tout free shit for everyone and EVEN PAYCHECKS FOR THOSE UNWILLING TO WORK!! Yes, idiots like AOC actually said that, then deleted her posting and tried to lie about it in denial.

The biggest gift us old guys can give our children and grandchildren is the gift of hard work, dedication and honesty. Yes we can leave them what we have left for money when they put us on the other side of the grass, but good honest conservative ideals that promote the love of God, love of family, hard work and honest living will be the greatest gift of all.

God bless you all.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I feel we instilled those values in our 3 children and it seems to be carrying on to the grandkids.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I feel we instilled those values in our 3 children and it seems to be carrying on to the grandkids.
Mike

YES!! Same here. I think a fair amount of those here did the same thing. Growing up with depression era parents instilled the value of a dollar, I will tell you that. :yum: