• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tuckers in Nashua, NH

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I got the little tucker rewired today, and took it for a short ride in the back field!! still got a few bugs i have to work out, heres a picture of it on the back lawn !:clap::clap:

original.jpg

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Jinn,I used to use my big Franklin skidder with stud chains:smile:, I was just idling along in low gear,i think these machines would really move along in high !!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Jinn,I used to use my big Franklin skidder with stud chains:smile:, I was just idling along in low gear,i think these machines would really move along in high !!!

yup, get those skiis waxed, these old two pontoon machine scoot along quite well and a blast of fun to run. lots of smiles per mile, ah, the wonderful Glidden Glider.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mr loggah,
and or any other really smart guy, i need a little help ( okay, a LOT ), in the very early years of tucker sno-cat, they would buy used cars for the drive trains and built the sno-cat from the parts, thus, the first five tuckers built had, 2 chevrolet, 1 ford 60 hp V-8, and 2 dodge engines, all with different radiator shells, all but one was built by tucker inc, and the one i am looking for was not built by them, here is where i need some help, i need to identify this radiator shell, any ideas???

thank you tuckerville minion

Attachments

• tucker grill.jpg
    tucker grill.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 303

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Jinn, What engine is used in that particular machine? just curious.Im thinking a truck or industrial engine shroud. Don

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
this tucker had the chevrolet 216 in it, really trying to find the correct shell,think you are right about an industrial shell, thanks

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am thinking Modine....

No seriousness intended.

I however will pay more attention......

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Never saw anything that wide spaced on vintage tractors. Spend some time Google images yesterday no luck

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I got the little tucker rewired today, and took it for a short ride in the back field!! still got a few bugs i have to work out, heres a picture of it on the back lawn !:clap::clap:

original.jpg

fyi, your pontoons on your fabulous Glidden Glider are a prototype, more than likely only pair ever made.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Most likely isn't, but it looks like some of Ahrens Fox fire engine front ends from that era.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Im pretty sure your right about it being a prototype!! i think they were made with too light a gauge of sheet steel!!:ermm: i think they probably got a deal on it after they wrecked the original one!I will be looking for another of the correct ones to match up the one on the other side,like this style.

original.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I noticed two things that jinn missed. the seat was the wrong one and you don't need a visor and that track repair job has the new tin on the wrong side of the grouser chain.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I only do that to the track when i want to make an enclosed trailer out of the machine !:clap:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:biggrin:Sure! sure! you wait untill i put a new bottom in it to make the offer !!!!:biggrin::biggrin: I will think about it ,a lot of miles between N.H, and Oregon . I thought i might stumble over one a bit closer. Is there a difference on the rail width between the 3/4" track bearing,and 1" track bearing pontoons?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the pontoon,decent shape without a new paintjob:biggrin: i would hate to put a bright,shiney orange pontoon on the little "RAT CAT" !!!!:biggrin:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
no shiney paint on the Glidden Glider, will get you several pics of a very good pontoon, correct period for your tucker sno-cat

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks Jinn, i was afraid you guys would send a new shiney one ,and shame me into repainting the little tucker.:smile:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I had my wife copy a few pictures out of a book "The Town at the end of the road" which is a history of Waterville Valley New Hampshire. This book was written by Grace Bean,who was the wife of Ralph Bean,who was the Manager of the "Waterville Inn, He was also the person who purchased the little tucker that i own from David Gregg when it was "BRAND SPANKING NEW". Heres the pictures,they are not great but you can see the little machine at work.

In this first picture you can see the tucker hiding beside the newly erected T-bar!
original.jpg

In this second picture the tucker and trailer are at the base of Tecumseh,where it hauled the skiers from the inn a few miles to the ski slope. the skiers had to walk up the Tecumseh trail and then ski down,there were no lifts there at that time.

original.jpg

in this picture the tucker is pulling skiers around the golf course that was in front of the inn. check out the rooster tail off the track !!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

original.jpg

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I remember it in the "BONEYARD" back in the early 70's when i worked in the maintenance shop,it was just a frame then,and im sure it has been junked. we used to have a "junkie" come and clean it out every few years.