• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need help with an iPad

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have done it again. Apparently I tweaked something in settings and (because of my advanced age) can't remember what I changed.

In the past when I was through reading ForumsForums or NetTractorTalk, I would just close the Safari tab. I never logged out of any forums. When I returned my iPad would remember my Id and Password.

For the last month or so I have had to log into ForumsForums and NetTractorTalk each time I visit the site.

I'm hoping one of you smart folks will have an idea what I may have changed in settings.

I'll admit that when Apple sends Tips sometimes I try the tips, but I try to remember to reset whatever I changed.

Thanks for any ideas you may have. Bob

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing you are clicking the remember me button when signing in.

I'm also guessing that you turned off cookies. Cookies are needed for any site to remember who you are. It lets the site know you were here before and your ID and stuff.
Hope this helps.

Ironman

Settings > Safari > block cookies > allow from websites I visit

Screenshot below

image.png

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc and Ironman, my settings are checked like is shown in Ironman's screenshot. I hope "Allow cookies from websites I visit" means what it says.

I have another button that Ironman does not show, "Always allow". On my iPhone I just turned it on to see if it makes any difference. Bob