• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: sleeping

I slept in this morning and had some apple pie and ice cream for breakfast. Then I watched and old war movie with John Wayne and snoozed out. I woke up and had burgers on the grill so now I might take a nap again. I should probably take it easy the rest of the day tho. Maybe have some more pie too.:shifty:

I want to hang with you. You know how to live. No Joke! :biggrin:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I dug up the garden yesterday and got 24 sweet potato plants in. Rained pretty good last night so as soon as it was dry enough I planted 6 rows of sweet corn 100 feet long each. With my planter it took about 10 minutes and got it done about a half hour before it started raining again.

Attachments

• tractor.JPG
    tractor.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Leni

I got a weed letter from the community garden yesterday so I went over this morning. Pulled a few weeds and and then saw the lady in charge. I told her about catching my leg on a tomato cage (eight stitches) and then two weeks later my graceful fall over the bunny fence. She told me not to worry about the weeds and to go home. She'll see if she can get someone to help with the weeds.

An ongoing complaint of mine has been the poor condition of the first aid kit there. It is where it can get rained on and what was in there was ruined. This is LA Parks and Rec so as a city facility it ought to be in better condition. She agreed that the kit needed to be moved under a cover.

Came home and took a nap. Now we are cleaning out the refrig.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
PGA Senior Championship is in town playing at Harbor Shores.
I am avoiding town.

Not avoiding:
Wine and cigars
Scotch and cigars
Tequila and cigars
Beer and cigars

In there somewhere, steaks, burgers, brats, natural casing dogs.

Shoulda put the boat in the water. But I'm sure I'll hitch a ride with buds.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a weed letter from the community garden yesterday so I went over this morning. Pulled a few weeds and and then saw the lady in charge.

Came home and took a nap. Now we are cleaning out the refrig.

leni! i was so in the dark regarding ur pulling weeds, napping, & cleaning the fridge! gasp! :whistling::biggrin:

no, fer real, poor leni. jus trying to make u laugh.
2 garden injuries in a row. i'm glad they at least made a change due to your saying something, & they should. they should implement others, too, imo.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
searching desperately for 2 'lil rustic sheets of metal that i like enough for my concept menu that fit my instructor's guidelines. secured a drill to make holes for tying the edges together. pursuing a binding item i like. twine to be dyed, maybe, or redd embroidery floss. i could tape/subtly glue or bind it. i'm excellent w/ aesthetics.
okay. just re-vamped my entire project. no metal. it's gonna be gorgeous. maybe next week i'll post a few pix.

blake visited again.

watching that movie 'bridesmaides' & wiping tears from laughing. i love that movie.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a very good day at work.
Got home, took pooch out, fed her.. jumped in the shower.
Now sitting here relaxing in cool cotton and bare feet, sipping another McKenzie's.
Nice. :)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for other folks to wake up and get the day underway. Have a lot of stuff to get planted yet and need to string the wire around the bee hive. Neighbor saw a bear cub in his back pasture on Friday so I want the hive protected.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just finished riding my bike 40 miles. Windy and 92 degrees so will sit on the deck and watch boaters and maybe even drink a couple of Spotted Cows.

Last edited:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a storage locker to clean out, and then a load of stuff to go to Goodwill. Maybe a cold brew when everything is done.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished riding my bike 40 miles. Windy and 92 degrees so will sit on the deck and watch boaters and maybe even a drink couple of Spotted Cows.
You ain't right!:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

Leni

I did get a chuckle out of that luvs. I did get something out of it. The Senior Gardener understood why I had weeds and will try to get someone to clean them out for me. I also got her to agree that the first aid kit is a disaster.

I'm still in the radio/computer room going through stuff. Actually making progress.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thought you'd get a 'lil chuckle from that, leni. glad u acheived results in speaking to them.

i kept drifting to dreamland. i could not stay awake. cooked dinner. visited w/ the guy for a while. i think i'll snooze very early tonite.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Built Mrs. Squerly a Gazebo today!

Well, actually the Amish built Mrs. Squerly a gazebo today. The built it, delivered it, and set it up. I will have to put some lattice around the bottom to trim it out, but aside from that it’s a done deal!

3%2520001.jpg

3%2520004.jpg

3%2520051.jpg

3%2520050.jpg

3%2520056.jpg

3%2520068.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks Good. Great location for it. :thumb:

I'm just sitting around thinking up names for boobies. :pat: And trying to prepare everything for the fun we'll have tonight moving servers.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
this endless project. no end- so it seems- soon i'll likely miss being in class 'til i weep sometimes when nobody's nearby as i miss it so much. provides entertainment, makes us swear, ~
got 2 100%'s returned to me today. :w00t2: my ticker dropped 4 a sec- i saw 50/50- oops, hehe. 50 of 50 correct, not 50%. 100%.
went to the bar several times to chit-chat, comforted a weepy employee, hugged her, reassured her; went shopping, spoke to my Mom. one of those endless days.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a fab day at work.
Going to bed soon.
Thanks for the smooth operation, Doc.
Much appreciated.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Relaxing day for me today. Will even leave work early. Tomorrow a big bike event and will do 72 miles. Weather looks to be ideal conditions at 72 degrees and a 10 mph wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.