• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall

JimR

Charter Member
I just found out, 2 years later, that Emerson Tool has made a safety recall on a ton of these saws. If you check out their website it has all the info on how to apply for the new guard kit for your saw. I recently purchased a real nice 2.5 hp saw used for $50.00. The table was pretty beat up. I was poking around on Google and saw a link to Emerson Tool for the recall. All you do is fill out the information required. If your saw is on the list they will send you a new anti kickback guide for your saw. Today UPS dropped of my new guide. Not only did I get a new guide, but inside the box was a new 3 piece table top. This is all free, shipping too. Now my $50.00 saw will look like a $300.00 saw. I don't know if this is one offer per family or not. I also have 2 other Radial Arm saws from Craftsman that need to be updated.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I've inherited one that precedes the retrofit kit. Emerson will pay $100 + freight for the early model powerhead shipped back to them.

I'm trying to decide if I should ship the head or just put a big grinding wheel on it and lock down the ways.

Any suggestions for another safe use for this thing?

JimR

Charter Member
California said:
I've inherited one that precedes the retrofit kit. Emerson will pay $100 + freight for the early model powerhead shipped back to them.

I'm trying to decide if I should ship the head or just put a big grinding wheel on it and lock down the ways.

Any suggestions for another safe use for this thing?

Will they send you another powerhead?????

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
No.... they will pay return freight and $100 to get the power head from you, so the machine is no longer able to be used. Many times manufacturers will do this to get a defective product out of service.