• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Football Quotes

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Since football season is winding down I thought I would post some great quotes from the sport for all of us to enjoy, ponder....... and apply to everyday life.......:yum:

• “At Georgia Southern, we don’t cheat. That costs money and we don’t have any.” (Erk Russell)

• “The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.” (Lou Holtz)

• “Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.” (Lou Holtz again)

• “A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.” (Frank Leahy)

• “There’s nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.” (Woody Hayes)

• “I don’t expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation.” (Bob Devaney)

• “You can learn more character on the two yard line than anywhere else in life.” (Paul Dietzel)

• “It’s kind of hard to rally around a math class.” (Bear Bryant)

• “I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms — Truman’s and Eisenhower’s.” (Alex Karras)

• “My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor.” (Bowden Wyatt)

• “Always remember, Goliath was a 40-point favorite over David.” (Shug Jordan)

• “Show me a good and gracious loser, and I’ll show you a failure.” (Knute Rockne)

• “Football is not a contact sport — it is a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.” (Duffy Daugherty)

• After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his post game message to his team: “All those who need showers, take them.” (John McKay)

• “If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.” (Murray Warmath)

• “The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb. To be a back, you only have to be dumb.” (Knute Rockne)

• “We didn’t tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking.” (Wilson Matthews)

• “Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football.” (John Heisman)