• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Superbowl Contest

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
thcri said:
Doc,

If I did not allow Gator to put a bid in the last minute Spiffy1 would have won first place and I would have won second place. Gator did end up winning and so to make things fair to Spiffy would you please give Gator and Spiffy1 each 20 points. We will have two first place winners and no second place winner. I feel this to be fair to Spiffy1.

Until next year guys.

murph

Murph;
Good job running the contest. I think you made a very wise & fair call for the winner. I will give out the points and make note of what they are for in the comment section for the winners.
Thanks for running FF's first Super Bowl contest. Good Job

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Doc! And ditto to Murph for running the contest.

:applause: Yeah, I know, easy to cheer when you're one of the winners. :pat: :D

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Murph you have any luck getting the time zone to coorelate? My last one is still saying it posted an hour later (i.e. Eastern).

Doesn't really matter to me what zone posts read in, but if I do have my settings wrong, I'm just curious where I messed up. Messing things up is the one thing I excel at!:eek: :D

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spiffy,
The FF server is set to central time. I don't know why yours would be off. Since we are on a 'Virtual' server there is an issue with changing times. I have to put in a request to have it changed, rather than do it myself.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the background info, Doc!:thumb:

For the heck of it, I set my profile to Mountain and now it reads right [even though I am in Central]; be interesting to see what happens when DST switches in a couple months, but if it still works all the better!:beer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Spiffy1 said:
Murph you have any luck getting the time zone to coorelate? My last one is still saying it posted an hour later (i.e. Eastern).

Spiffy1,

Yes mine actually has always been right. I just never checked it. On friday I just checked in a bit after 5:00 thinking it was five central and marked that the final. But DAP did get in a bit after but I knew there was some confusing with time zones and never really was too worried about a few minutes.

But it was fun and next year I will be a bit smarter.

murph