• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bears question for their fans

dzalphakilo

Banned
Since the Eagles were out early this year, gave up on football early.

Watching the Bears/Panthers games on t.v, the announcers kept mentioning how little Rex Grossman (sp?) played this year (somthing like under 7 quarters of game time or in that area I think).

I could of misunderstood, but, if Grossman played so little, why go with him?

It was never mentioned that the "starting" q-back was injured (or if it was, I must of missed it).

Just that when the Bears were working with under two minutes, the announcers even mentioned that this was an area that Grossman probably didn't have much practice in.

Could be worse, could of been an Indy fan:pat:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
Since the Eagles were out early this year, gave up on football early.

Watching the Bears/Panthers games on t.v, the announcers kept mentioning how little Rex Grossman (sp?) played this year (somthing like under 7 quarters of game time or in that area I think).

I could of misunderstood, but, if Grossman played so little, why go with him?

It was never mentioned that the "starting" q-back was injured (or if it was, I must of missed it).

Just that when the Bears were working with under two minutes, the announcers even mentioned that this was an area that Grossman probably didn't have much practice in.

Could be worse, could of been an Indy fan:pat:

Kyle Orton (Rookie) played almost the entire season. He pretty much has no throwing game, and through the entire time while Grossman was injured, the coaches kept saying that Grossman was the QB. However, the team won games with Orton! I really didn''t understand the last game of the season change, and I don't agree with it. Grossman was a first round pick in 2003, and he blew out his knee for the 04 season and broke his ankle in 05 pre-season. The game last night was only his 5th :eek: pro start ever.

I haven't been able to understand why the Bears have been unable to have a good QB for the last 20 years (some say longer, and that McMahon wasn't that good).

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Orton was replaced by Grossman when he struggled against the Falcons and they never let him start again.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Well, at least that explains the "reasoning".

Can't help but think that you start the guy who got you there.

Since I didn't follow football for awhile,figure with the Bears good record, and I heard they had a good defense, just couldn't understand what happened to the guy who Q-b'd all season.