• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

For those on medicare

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Remember in November !!!!

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!!!!!

Don't say you were not told!
MEDICARE

Look closely at the 2014 rate compared to the 2013 rate.

For those of you who are on Medicare, read the following. It's short, but important and you probably haven't heard about it in the mainstream news:

"The per person Medicare insurance premium will increase from the present monthly fee of $96.40, rising to:

$104.20 in 2012
$120.20 in 2013
and
$247.00 in 2014."

These are provisions incorporated in the Obamacare legislation, purposely delayed so as not to confuse the 2012 re-election campaigns. Send this to all seniors you know and people who have relatives that are seniors, so they will know who's throwing them under the bus.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In order to get the estimated cost of Obamacare under the magic 1 trillion, many bookkeeping tricks were used, all of which would get a corporate CFO a room with a roommate named BigBubba. Along with raiding the already broke medicare funds, much of the burden is shifted to the states, and much of the cost simply kicked down the road.

Worth remembering: Medicare was originally estimated at 100 million in 2000. Now Obama is going to get a half trillion from the savings he will realize by reforming medicare and increasing efficiency.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wonder if they will reduce my medicare supplement cost that runs me $428 a month?? These assholes honestly believe they can give something we pay dearly for to folks who don't contribute a dime and never have. Hell if I made $800 a year less they would give me medicaid, food stamps and a whole lot of freebies. We need competition in insurance not government bureaucracy!