• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

rack em .... pool cue question

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I enjoy playing pool. I'm planning to buy a new pool cue. I've never researched these at all. The last one i bought was on ebay. After using it awhile I noticed a very small hook near the tip of the stick. Ever so slight, but it can sure mess up a shot. This was listed as a 500 dollar stick, but I only paid 110 for it. I've used house sticks that I like better.

Does anyone have any name brand recommendations for me? I have time to shop around a bit, but I'd like to know more about what's available before buying.

HarryG

Doc,
I'm a pool game lover too but I'm no expert on fine pool cues.
Maybe you could stop by a pool lounge and ask some opinions. Here is a site that discusses pool cues. Hope this helps.
Pool cues

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HarryG said:
Doc,
I'm a pool game lover too but I'm no expert on fine pool cues.
Maybe you could stop by a pool lounge and ask some opinions. Here is a site that discusses pool cues. Hope this helps.
Pool cues

I use a Meucci (maple) and a Cuetec (fiberglass) for breaking. The Cuetec fiberglass is the best deal for the budget ($100) minded player. The Meucci's go for $200+. I've used Meucci for years and am partial to! Other's I'd consider are Mcdermott and Viking. There are other custom made cues but they're too expensive for the amount I play.

RACK EM................

BD

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the link Harry. I signed up, but still have to be approved. I put my forumsforums.com link in my sig. I wonder if I'll be approved?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
gee Thanks PB. but I already have a lava lamp :eek:

Hey BD, I had not seen your post until now. I'd thought of trying a Meucci. I had a McDermitt at one time. I've heard good stuff about Viking but never owned one.
I'm still shopping but in no hurry.