• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Raiders and Art Shell

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks like Al Davis hired a former coach Art Shell. I did not think they had a good parting of the ways. I think Art is a good coach but even the best coach in my opinion will never shine in Oakland because I think Al Davis can't keep his fingers out of things. No coach has done well there since John Madden and Al just doesn't let any coach do his job. It will be interesting to see how Art does this next time around.

murph

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Whats' it tell you when most guys would give thier left nut for an NFL head coaching job and the Raiders couldn't even give it away. The louisville head coach turned them down 3 times.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cowboyjg said:
Whats' it tell you when most guys would give thier left nut for an NFL head coaching job and the Raiders couldn't even give it away. The louisville head coach turned them down 3 times.

Well not that would make it any better but even I turned the job down. I just don't trust Al Davis. :pat: My agent said it would not be good for publicity:yum:

Sincerely though if I was Art Shell, I would make sure there was a lot of things in writing and it better all be tilted his way.

murph

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
thcri said:
I just don't trust Al Davis.
I wish Art Shell all the best (until the play offs :) )
But when do You think the light bulb will go on in Al Davis's head ? The Team hasn't been ruined by coaches or players . It's been done in by Him !