• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3 pt hitch toplink$$$$

Viking

Site Supporter
I bent the top link on my 3pt hitch so I went down to the JD dealer to pick one up. I figured a toplink is a toplink, man, was I wrong. I told the parts guy I have a Cub Cadet 5234D sub-cut. He had know idea what that was and I did not expect him to. I told him that it was the same size as a 2210 and to sell me a toplink for that model. He looked it up on the computer and it was priced at....(gulp) $291.50!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? He said "No" and even showed me a picture of it, that was the right part but $291.50!!! I about fell off the pretty green JD stool I was sitting on....Holy Crap!! I found a generic brand top link for $24 that fits just right.

:soapbox:

I just can't believe how overpriced that was...How in the hell could a toplink for a sub-cut be priced at almost $300?? I expect anything coming from a JD dealer to be more expensive than anywhere else but this is just robbery. There is no explanation what so ever that can justify that.

BadAttitude

Manual or Hyd?

If it's what I think...man o man, what a hose job that guy is trying to give you!!
No different than what car dealers do. Charge enough to cover the cost of the one you buy and put another one or two back on the shelf.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Agreed. I bought a $20, India made, top link to replace the POS origional one on my Kubota BX. The factory replacement was $100 and far less quality than the aftermarket one.
:mad: :moon: :mad:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The price you pay for owning a Cadillac! I'm sure the Kioti dealer wouldn't want more than $250..............:D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank goodness for Tractor Supply and other similar stores. Depending on the weight and size of the toplink, it seems like $29 to $49 would be fair for a Sub-CUT or a small CUT.

Brian, I've never had a bad dealing with Ken Sweet, in fact I like him and have purchased from him once or twice, but I've never seen him to be at the lower end of the price scale for anything. His prices are 'fair' but certainly far from the best. On absolutely identical brand/model implements I've beaten his prices by hundreds of dollars locally and if you add shipping onto his price that widens the gap even more.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,

I just chose Sweet as an example that the near $300 is out of line. Sweet's site was the first direct link to top-link pricing via a google search.

I concur TSC or similar is cheaper but I didn't want to dig through a lot of web pages to get/find pricing to confirm.

Brian