• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Quote from Colin Powell

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Question from Belinda Luscombe from time magazine to Colin Powell

Would you like to extend a personal invitation to any member of congress to leave?

His Reply :

I don’t have all of my stationary with me.:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I lost some respect for him when he wentleft for obama.
He still supports him but "doesn't back him."

Whatever that means.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ack-Obama-but-does-not-back-him-for-2012.html

I guess when you go left one can be conveniently vague.

So basically Powell does not agree with his policies, but because they are both black, to a certain degree, he is bound to "support" him.

So no problem with me saying I support Romney because he is WHITE!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So basically Powell does not agree with his policies, but because they are both black, to a certain degree, he is bound to "support" him.

It's not about race again, is it?

Damn!
I hate that.

Leni

He has come out for Obama but I haven't seen him doing any campagning. I could be wrong but I think he is a Democrat so that would explain it. He'd be a much better President but he didn't want to expose his family to the media hype that a candidate is exposed to.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
He has come out for Obama but I haven't seen him doing any campagning. I could be wrong but I think he is a Democrat so that would explain it. He'd be a much better President but he didn't want to expose his family to the media hype that a candidate is exposed to.

Now, I always thought he was a Republican, a RINO maybe? However, I could be wrong. :biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Now, I always thought he was a Republican, a RINO maybe? However, I could be wrong. :biggrin:
Colin was undeclared all thru his military career. However, in 2000 he went with GWB and essentially becaome a Republican.

That lasted for only two years when he was Secretary of State.

I don't think he and George saw eye to eye and so the Rino/GOP Prez let him go. I didn't think Powell was ever a conservative anyway, so that surprised me.

Despite both being centrist and RINOs I was always amazed that Powel and McCain did not hit things off well either. Suggesting that Colin simply would rather run with the Asses than the Elephants. He was a good soldier an served his country well. For that he deserves out thanks. but serving this President has got to be stressful for him.

But he needs to stop being a black politician and, once again, become an American.

Last edited:

sundance12

Romney is white ??? Does he have a birth certificate?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
He's a paper tiger schmuck. Powell is a Obama supporter solely because he's black.

I wouldn't vote for him if he was running for dog catcher.