• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wonder when they will learn?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting . . . .

City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level
1. Detroit , MI
32.5%
2. Buffalo , NY
29..9%
3. Cincinnati , OH
27.8%
4. Cleveland , OH
27.0%
5. Miami , FL
26.9%
5. St. Louis , MO
26.8%
7. El Paso , TX
26.4%
8. Milwaukee , WI
26.2%
9. Philadelphia , PA
25.1%
10. Newark , NJ
24.2%
U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007
What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati , OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland , OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis , MO (6th)....since 1949;

El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee , WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia , PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

It is the
poor who habitually elect Democrats---yet they are still
POOR
"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
Abraham Lincoln

..................and Mr. Obama, you are no Abe Lincoln

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Seen it before [perhaps even here once], and didn't double check the accuracy of the stats or quotes this time either, yet the points are just too plain true. :thumb: to the post :( to the state of a country with so many who don't realize it.

benspawpaw

good post and what gets me steamed is all they talk about is doing something for the middle class folks. damn what about the people that do all the jobs nobody wants to do? if it werent for all those folks we could not do or have a lot of the things we all take for granted, like a big mac, or a coke and a bag of chips when we fill up our cars at the convience store, or get all those bargains at the dollar general store, or buy food at walmart, or buy our grandkids toys at toys r us, or a lot of the places where people work for low or min wage. what about those folks. some may be just too lazy to go to school so they can get a good paying job. some may be bound by things beyond their control. not everyone can be smart and rich. somebody has to flip the meat and add the extra mayo to my bigmac. lets not forget about them .they deserve to have all the things that we all enjoy. food, shelter, clothes, and healthcare. (just not obamas kind) back to point, obama dont care about you and neither does anybody in washington, unless you can benefit them.since my wife and i are both on disability it seems like we are just barely living at or below the poverty level.not sure what dollar amount it is but we are close to it i am sure.i have no health care so i am for health care but not forced on everybody if you are in good health you souldnt have to pay for something you dont use.but what happens if all of a sudden bamm you are struck by a catostrophic illness?sorry cant help you is what they tell me now.you are not a rich democrate so see you sucker.you are now doomed to spend all you have worked for and saved all those years (and we had a good savings before) and now we are low class and nobody gives a damn.thanks for reading my rant this stuff is close to me and i hate obamaodama:hammer: