• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lake Tahoe/Heavenly trails?

socal4t12

I just spent a week at a great condo at the top of Kingsburry grade. I noticed that there was 2 chairlifts for Heavenly resort 200 yards away for the condo. I also noticed alot of access roads that criss-cross the area, with no apparent ski runs crossing them.

Does anyone know if access can be gained into the area(it is USFS land,,,and officially open to the pubic, leased under contract to the resort) to travel with cats?

Does anyone out there know of some good 1 day runs in the Tahoe, Bridgeport, Sanora, June Lakes, Mammoth, Markleville area? Even repeater site roads, old cabins, mining areas.

When i finish my cat, those areas will be my destinations for winter fun.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I just spent a week at a great condo at the top of Kingsburry grade.
Does anyone know if access can be gained... to travel with cats?

Does anyone out there know of some good 1 day runs in the Tahoe, Bridgeport, Sanora, June Lakes, Mammoth, Markleville area? Even repeater site roads, old cabins, mining areas.

Check out Leviathan mine. It's a region 25 miles south of Kingsbury Grade. Access was poor when I was in there 20 years ago, definitely 4x4 country. We never saw anyone. Since then the abandoned trails have been designated as an ATV recreation area. I don't know if this includes winter access.

It's pretty country, and remote, right on the crest of the Sierras.

The mine itself is a huge abandoned open pit mine that is now a Superfund site because it is leaching huge quantities of arsenic (?) and it's at the headwaters of major streams. The ATV trails run all over the slopes and mountain passes around the perimeter.

I suggest take a run down there in summer to take a look around, and see if winter access is feasible.