• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Raidtrac on 100% slope !!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:smile:Quite a while back my clutch linkage on one of my raidtrac's came unhooked. With vertigo i been putting off fixing it for sometime !!!!:smileywac. I finally decided to just put it up on a couple blocks so i could stare down the problem !!:thumbup::thumbup: i can reach in and fix it without any dizzy spells now.

large.jpg

Snowy Rivers

Good deal.

Vertigo is just nasty.....
If I get upside down trying to get in and fix things it gets real sketchy....

Just roll the cat up and walk in....

PJL

JimVT posted a pic of his Bombi sitting on it's roof. Pretty easy to access the undercarriage.

olympicorange

.... now that's one of the best uses for 'C'' ement blocks, Don....lol some would say cheat'n,... I like your idea of not having to be a ''contortionist' '

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I got the clutch linkage hooked back up,lowered it to the ground and fired the big citroen up!:smile: now i have been replacing a few broken track bolts,again PITA with vertigo ,but only 4 more cleats to fix.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
one is in a wrecking yard near me. the owner asked me to look at it and see if it is worth fixing. it has been setting for years . i was wondering what the engine was. if i remember correctly it was hydrostatic.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Jim, I wish they were hydrostatic!! has a cone clutch assembly on each side then disc brake to a chain drive.In the owners manual it states that if used a lot to lock the clutches open to cool or they could stick because of the tapered drum. I wouldn't mind coming across another set of tracks some day. The engine is a 602 c.c. citroen engine ,like from the Citroen from the original "pink panther" movie UGLY little vehicle but expensive to buy nowdays. devoleped 35 h.p. at around 5,000 rpm. supposedly the factory made around 400 of these from 1979 thru 1986. i have this one and 2 other incomplete machines. Don

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll have to dig out my pictures. the one i looked at wasn't what you have. it had a large air cooled engine in it similar to a vw or corvair.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I got rid of the points on my current one. They were always a pain.
For flatland machine there not treally to bad. They wiggle through the woods better Than some. Just not many ponies for the mountains

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
This one runs O.K. but your right no powerhouse. With the blade and tow behind groomer it must have been pretty gutless. I do have a couple of old square drive axles that were twisted, i guess thats what the chain reduction is capable of in low gear.:smile:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I put the gigantic blade on the raidtrac,hasent been on in ages.:smile: between now and fall i will put the rest of the raidtrac groomer together. I believe an older raidtrac with groomer is pretty rare.This machine was made in the early 80,s when snowmobile trail grooming was in its infancy.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Pretty sure it wasn't !!:th_lmao:I was just trying to figure out if it was worth re-assembling.:smile:It was quite a early 5th wheel design drag.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I guess its up to you,its only a short ride from franconia.:smile: we can go to Steens in my truck. I got a mustang skidsteer there that im picking up today or tomorrow.The weather says heavy rain on friday if you can believe them.

olympicorange

........ well I did,... and look what happened.... crazy week of weather....95 degrees a few days ago... to blue skies / with torrential rains..to 66 today. but at least the 450g is pushing dirt all weekend...