• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Doc's Under House Arrest

Bamby

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Gov. Mike DeWine​ has announced Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton has signed a stay-at-home order for Ohio.

"There is nothing in the order that we haven't already been talking about. There is nothing in this that I haven't been asking you to do for the last few weeks," DeWine said.

DeWine said the order does permit exceptions to staying home including leaving for health and safety, for necessary supplies and services, for outdoor activity.

"You can leave home to take care of others. You can take care of your neighbor, your family, your friend," he said.

The second part of the order talks about essential workers and businesses using Homeland Security guidelines. These are the accepted businesses that are essential for us to continue to live.

"Each business that stays open must follow good protocol in regard to health," DeWine said.

The order will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. Monday and stay in effect until April 6.

WBNS

Bannedjoe

Will they be going door to door issuing ankle monitors?
Might as well collect the guns while they're at it too.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
St Louis County MO is on a Stay at home lockdown as of midnight tonite.
I loose two management employees who cannot do their duties from home.
Monday I will have to find out if they can come to work under the essential industries provision.

For the record, St Louis has very few cases of Covid-19 reported.

That said;
There is a shortage of Swabs and Temperature monitors. We produce both of those items.

If or When the Congress approves the cockamamie mandatory sick pay, I wonder if the stay at home lockdown will be used to qualify employees for that benefit. Our banker called to assure us of funds if required.

If St. Charles county goes on lock down, Cathy and I will live in the mini camper on site to keep the plant up and running. We will produce these essentials despite politicians, hell or high water

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep lockdown .... and TR is right, I've been incarcerated for a couple years now. :bonk:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1584922529575.jpg

Bamby

Lol in reviewing that list of essentials to remain open many of them are positively places ones most likely to be exposed.....

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If they closed liquor stores, I can hardly fathom the pandemonium that would immediately ensue.
Responsible people have stored enough of the necessities to weather the storm. As a practical matter ...that would include booze.

I have over twenty eight bottles of wines and at least that many of spirits. If the SHTF, one can presume I am prepared to get so "practical," it won't matter.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Responsible people have stored enough of the necessities to weather the storm. As a practical matter ...that would include booze.

I have over twenty eight bottles of wines and at least that many of spirits. If the SHTF, one can presume I am prepared to get so "practical," it won't matter.

Yup, I have a stockpile of Scotch, maybe only a dozen bottles of wine but we don't drink a whole lot of that. I have enough of the amber liquid to stay drunk for a long time. When I sober up around November you guys will tell me what went down, won't ya?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
There is a huuge liquor store in a rest area on Interstate 93 just north of Manchester, NH. Unbelievable business given the fact there is no additional excise tax on liquor and the selection is the biggest I could ever imagine, and I can imagine quite a bit.

The place must be an absolute mad house right now.

BTW, I have a 25+ year old bottle of unopened Seagrams Crown Royal. It belonged to my father. Willing to bet that stuff is as smooth as a baby's arse.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a huuge liquor store in a rest area on Interstate 93 just north of Manchester, NH. Unbelievable business given the fact there is no additional excise tax on liquor and the selection is the biggest I could ever imagine, and I can imagine quite a bit.

The place must be an absolute mad house right now.

BTW, I have a 25+ year old bottle of unopened Seagrams Crown Royal. It belonged to my father. Willing to bet that stuff is as smooth as a baby's arse.

I remember seeing that during our many New England travels. One of the few reasons I would consider living there.

Bannedjoe

I'm already kind of struggling with just wanting to drink too much.