• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 13-16, 2020

mikemikelle

Sean, that video is awesome! Thanks for all that screaming 2 track action!

Thanks to all for the compliments on my writing ability. It is, after all, my word crafting technique, and ability to carefully articulate historically significant events that led me to my chosen profession.....uh, carpenter-izer-ing and weld-um-inger things!

Now I have writers block...get worried, becuz last time its lasted my whole highschool term, yup all six years

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Sean, that video is awesome! Thanks for all that screaming 2 track action!

Thanks to all for the compliments on my writing ability. It is, after all, my word crafting technique, and ability to carefully articulate historically significant events that led me to my chosen profession.....uh, carpenter-izer-ing and weld-um-inger things!

Now I have writers block...get worried, becuz last time its lasted my whole highschool term, yup all six years

would a little scotch help???

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
So what happened to the spryte that was there Saturday but was gone Sunday? The owners were very nice and I wanted to chat with them more. Does anyone know if they are on the forum?

mikemikelle

Serenade pic.jpg

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
So what happened to the spryte that was there Saturday but was gone Sunday? The owners were very nice and I wanted to chat with them more. Does anyone know if they are on the forum?

I was talking with him on Friday in the parking lot, he said he somehow got locked out of the forum and can’t get back on. He has tried to contact Doc about it without luck. I can’t remember either of their names (typical for me) but they live up near Smiley and do some serious backcountry ski adventures with that wide track Spryte.

Yes Mrs. Mikelle, your hubby really is a silly one:th_lmao:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

his name is Brandt and yup, he did get locked out, but back on the forums, really good guy, he had another commitment for Sunday, he showed back on Monday and got to talk with him at length, you should see him on the forums every once in a while, I texted him and suggested he post to the thread so you can see who he is and that will make easy to contact him, again nice guy and hope he becomes more involved with the forums.

mikemikelle, I see a little scotch did the trick, fun post, but really want to know if the mighty little imp is the hero of your very fictional snowcat story.

fyi, bombi1, John L. is the rogue snow trac guy that showed up out of no where, ha ha ha ha, he is the guy that makes new drive pockets for the snow tracs, cider tom has set, kinda lives in the area, actually he is out of Carey, Idaho, and occasionally posts to the forums, think he owns more than one snow cat, even maybe a Thiokol?

wow, truth is, he was a huge amount of help in making things run smoothly and need to thank him big time for buying all the beer for Sunday bowling get together, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
his name is Brandt and yup, he did get locked out, but back on the forums, really good guy, he had another commitment for Sunday, he showed back on Monday and got to talk with him at length, you should see him on the forums every once in a while, I texted him and suggested he post to the thread so you can see who he is and that will make easy to contact him, again nice guy and hope he becomes more involved with the forums.

mikemikelle, I see a little scotch did the trick, fun post, but really want to know if the mighty little imp is the hero of your very fictional snowcat story.

fyi, bombi1, John L. is the rogue snow trac guy that showed up out of no where, ha ha ha ha, he is the guy that makes new drive spockets for the snow tracs, cider tom has set, kinda lives in the area, actually he is out of Carey, Idaho, and occasionally posts to the forums, think he owns more than one snow cat, even maybe a Thiokol?

wow, truth is, he was a huge amount of help in making things run smoothly and need to thank him big time for buying all the beer for Sunday bowling get together, thank you, thank you, thank you.

and yes, I forgot to include 1boringguy, he is very interesting character and congratulations on the new addition to the family, baby and mom are doing well, pretty sure they named the baby 'tucker kitten', not really, heck of a good guy and would have loved to talked with with more, hope to see him next year

and captain laketucker sir: if you bolted/linked those funny 2 track machines together as a pair, then you would have something...

Last edited:

BearGap

GOLD Site Supporter
I started skiing at Paradise on Mt. Rainier in ‘63. The Head Ranger was Jim Lucas. I later taught in the ‘80s on Snoqualmie Pass with he and his wife Joy when they were in their 80s and still skiing well. Jim was certified at the first instructor examination in the US. It was at Sun Valley before WWII, ’39 I believe. We imported Austrian examiners and Jim was one of the very few who passed. Joy passed at the first post-war exam, also at Sun Valley and run by Austrians in ‘47.
I passed my full-cert exam in the ‘80s. I heard from Jim and Joy it was a cakewalk compared to the 3 days they spent doing final-forms for the Austrians. All of our PSIA stuff has Austrian roots for sure.

mikemikelle

Chapter 2- Event Update

A quick shout-out and “Thank You” to one of our event sponsors, Citri-dull. Also known for their “Burn-Thru” technology, don’t’ fight rust, let it Blossom! Tucker uses them, maybe you should think about it-

Omaha Orange Add 3.jpg

In my lead up, I forgot to mention scandal. That word has to rear its ugly head at everything these days. Seems nothing’s safe, nothing’s discreet, like a Kardashian on a king sized. Most scandals involve some sort of cheating, and most good ones involve an attorney.

20200314_102251.jpg

Contestants lined up for the First event

20200314_102344.jpg

Several heat races followed, in a double elimination format

20200314_102341.jpg

The "Racing" was just a portion of the competition. Other events, showcasing other "Snowcat" attributes, would also be on the schedule (Breath easy Tucker Fans)

20200314_102347.jpg

As expected, Mob influence usually played a role in the "random" line-up of races. The P.R.O.U. always felt that the deck was stacked against them, and who couldn't feel for them. Looks a bit citruspicious!

The Snotrac Mafia’s attorney, retired Vegas mayor, Oscar Goodman, found a little known clause in the Obama era “Make America Fair for Individuals Act”, which is a well-intended, but a poorly worded extension of the 1990 ADA Act (again not A.D., A.D.D., or A.D.H.D.) that aims at making “competition” equal between all participants. Anyway, that weasel, Goodman, whom happens to be a big golfer, figured out that if he could use “past success” against the other contestants (like he did, to take advantage amongst his fellow high wagering golf buddies, a.k.a. “handicap”), he could “equal” the playing field between his clients and the other manufacturers. Brilliant!

20200315_123616.jpg

Snotrac mob boss "Jimmy Vermont" (in dark glasses) spotted "in line" at the
new "mobile" Cathouse of ill repute. Squeaking in a quick "peek" before the race

So, back to that “poorly worded” part of that “Make America Fair for Individuals Act”, the vague description defines all “Snow Competition” as any event that is “Held in or on snow, or Participates in or on snow”. The small print goes on to further detail, with sections about “Experience”, and “Averages”, and “Achille-ing”. Wait, Achille-ing? You may ask what the hell that is. It is the “politically correct” term used to replace the term “handicap”, which the writers thought was inappropriate when used as part of the “Make America Fair for Individuals Act”. Worse yet, the official acronym for the “Act” is “M.A.F.I.A.”! Really? The “M.A.F.I.A.” is using the term Achille-ing’ to equal the playing field? After some checking, turns out Goodman was part of the lobby that “applied all the pressure” to create the “Act” in the first place. Seems like “Act” has become a repetitive term here, and again, all “Snowtrac” related. Serious folks, can’t make this stuff up.

So where does this play in? Ask Tucker 500 Club member Sno-surfer, he knows full well. Seems his past has come back to haunt him. Maybe you’ve seen hints of his prior success on the forum, moonlighting as a competitive windsurfer, and being an all-around good dude? Well, he also is good snowboarder…too good! Won lots of events, and yes “on snow”. Turns out Old Oscar Goodman was watching also, and as a result, made the event organizers “an offer they couldn’t refuse”. Yes, due to the vague, all inclusive, poorly written rules of the M.A.F.I.A. extension of the A.D.A., Sno-Surfer would be Achille-ed in order to level the playing field between contestants. The “wins” while snowboarding (remember the “on snow” part of “Snow Competition”) now used to determine a competitive average, and the resultant average used to determine the amount of “Achille-ing”. Sound Democratic? In this case “Damned”. Resultant penalty- a backwards start at the line for the B-Main “racing” event. Not even fair. He’d need to turn around a Tucker 542 as his first maneuver. Spinning the Nimitz in Honolulu Harbor, without tugs, would be a faster. Really Snotrac? To stoop this low? A Tucker 542 is a climbing machine, not a racer, surely you could have creamed him in that event without MAFIA involvement. I don’t know about you, but in Washington State, this is the equivalent of taking your kids pea shooter .22LR, and a can of Lamp Black Krylon, and defining it as an “Automatic Assault Weapon”. Hopefully Tucker fans will see redemption in the “non-speed” related events, for this one is toast.

20200315_123445.jpg

The B-Main Final- and the sad reality of the M.A.F.I.A. sanction against Tucker 500 frontman, Sno-Surfer (far Left), showing the backwards starting position. We limited this report to a "photo", because the video was just too gut wrenching. Red Simpson singing "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around" came to mind. Though it was tough to watch, Tucker was getting prescribed some of their own medicine from the Snotrac show of force! The race was paused momentarily while Mob boss Jimmy Vermont was "located"

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Citri-dull also makes the food coloring used in the "Orange Kool-Aid" so us real believers can and do slowly provide the "Kool-Aid" to the non-beleivers without any of their knowledge. So just drink up and smile everything will be just fine, honest!!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last participant of the Serenade finally arrived home safely!

Thanks

Attachments

• E0324521-8E18-4F35-8F5C-590D3F3E3C6B.jpg
    E0324521-8E18-4F35-8F5C-590D3F3E3C6B.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 2,309

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
from the very mad creative mind of JAKE, a really hot kitten...

JAKE the mad sculpture genius, would be happy to create a piece for you...

Attachments

• EYD2G6OSQ3mTZGPl1AgqVQ.jpg
    EYD2G6OSQ3mTZGPl1AgqVQ.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,008

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Chapter 2- Event Update

A quick shout-out and “Thank You” to one of our event sponsors, Citri-dull. Also known for their “Burn-Thru” technology, don’t’ fight rust, let it Blossom! Tucker uses them, maybe you should think about it-

View attachment 125090

In my lead up, I forgot to mention scandal. That word has to rear its ugly head at everything these days. Seems nothing’s safe, nothing’s discreet, like a Kardashian on a king sized. Most scandals involve some sort of cheating, and most good ones involve an attorney.

View attachment 125091

Contestants lined up for the First event

View attachment 125092

Several heat races followed, in a double elimination format

View attachment 125093

The "Racing" was just a portion of the competition. Other events, showcasing other "Snowcat" attributes, would also be on the schedule (Breath easy Tucker Fans)

View attachment 125094

As expected, Mob influence usually played a role in the "random" line-up of races. The P.R.O.U. always felt that the deck was stacked against them, and who couldn't feel for them. Looks a bit citruspicious!

The Snotrac Mafia’s attorney, retired Vegas mayor, Oscar Goodman, found a little known clause in the Obama era “Make America Fair for Individuals Act”, which is a well-intended, but a poorly worded extension of the 1990 ADA Act (again not A.D., A.D.D., or A.D.H.D.) that aims at making “competition” equal between all participants. Anyway, that weasel, Goodman, whom happens to be a big golfer, figured out that if he could use “past success” against the other contestants (like he did, to take advantage amongst his fellow high wagering golf buddies, a.k.a. “handicap”), he could “equal” the playing field between his clients and the other manufacturers. Brilliant!

View attachment 125095

Snotrac mob boss "Jimmy Vermont" (in dark glasses) spotted "in line" at the
new "mobile" Cathouse of ill repute. Squeaking in a quick "peek" before the race

So, back to that “poorly worded” part of that “Make America Fair for Individuals Act”, the vague description defines all “Snow Competition” as any event that is “Held in or on snow, or Participates in or on snow”. The small print goes on to further detail, with sections about “Experience”, and “Averages”, and “Achille-ing”. Wait, Achille-ing? You may ask what the hell that is. It is the “politically correct” term used to replace the term “handicap”, which the writers thought was inappropriate when used as part of the “Make America Fair for Individuals Act”. Worse yet, the official acronym for the “Act” is “M.A.F.I.A.”! Really? The “M.A.F.I.A.” is using the term Achille-ing’ to equal the playing field? After some checking, turns out Goodman was part of the lobby that “applied all the pressure” to create the “Act” in the first place. Seems like “Act” has become a repetitive term here, and again, all “Snowtrac” related. Serious folks, can’t make this stuff up.

So where does this play in? Ask Tucker 500 Club member Sno-surfer, he knows full well. Seems his past has come back to haunt him. Maybe you’ve seen hints of his prior success on the forum, moonlighting as a competitive windsurfer, and being an all-around good dude? Well, he also is good snowboarder…too good! Won lots of events, and yes “on snow”. Turns out Old Oscar Goodman was watching also, and as a result, made the event organizers “an offer they couldn’t refuse”. Yes, due to the vague, all inclusive, poorly written rules of the M.A.F.I.A. extension of the A.D.A., Sno-Surfer would be Achille-ed in order to level the playing field between contestants. The “wins” while snowboarding (remember the “on snow” part of “Snow Competition”) now used to determine a competitive average, and the resultant average used to determine the amount of “Achille-ing”. Sound Democratic? In this case “Damned”. Resultant penalty- a backwards start at the line for the B-Main “racing” event. Not even fair. He’d need to turn around a Tucker 542 as his first maneuver. Spinning the Nimitz in Honolulu Harbor, without tugs, would be a faster. Really Snotrac? To stoop this low? A Tucker 542 is a climbing machine, not a racer, surely you could have creamed him in that event without MAFIA involvement. I don’t know about you, but in Washington State, this is the equivalent of taking your kids pea shooter .22LR, and a can of Lamp Black Krylon, and defining it as an “Automatic Assault Weapon”. Hopefully Tucker fans will see redemption in the “non-speed” related events, for this one is toast.

View attachment 125096

The B-Main Final- and the sad reality of the M.A.F.I.A. sanction against Tucker 500 frontman, Sno-Surfer (far Left), showing the backwards starting position. We limited this report to a "photo", because the video was just too gut wrenching. Red Simpson singing "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around" came to mind. Though it was tough to watch, Tucker was getting prescribed some of their own medicine from the Snotrac show of force! The race was paused momentarily while Mob boss Jimmy Vermont was "located"

Which story will end first? The one about the race, or the other snowcat adventure story about the famous ski racer?

#Whenischapter3goingtodrop

mikemikelle

Sorry to keep my readers waiting....been bunked up double with Salman Rushdie, in Ted Kaczynski's old cabin. Waitin' for the heat to blow over....Never wise to piss off two mob bosses. Soon Mikemikelle's manifesto will shed light on the shenanigans

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to keep my readers waiting....been bunked up double with Salman Rushdie, in Ted Kaczynski's old cabin. Waitin' for the heat to blow over....Never wise to piss off two mob bosses. Soon Mikemikelle's manifesto will shed light on the shenanigans

ebay has a very nice selection of knee braces cheap, perhaps you should look for your size.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
up on Fox Peak last night, over a foot of new snow fell.....there is about 30 inches up on top

anyone up for a little snow catting?

vintagebike

Tried to get up to Brundage Mt to test out our new Bombardier but with CV19 and the recent passing of its sole owner it is locked down tight - the future is uncertain. This is a shot today using a remote cam. Snowing as we speak.
51FC8922-A0C5-4AE2-9AB5-7FC6C86605C0.jpg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Sun Valley Tucker has been granted asylum in New Hampshire. It is safe, well , and can now Live Free or Die!

Attachments

• D71EDE2E-4ACB-45FE-BA01-31A34FB5E1EF.jpg
    D71EDE2E-4ACB-45FE-BA01-31A34FB5E1EF.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 418

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Princess
yup, just a minor overhaul...

OO, do you need a GM style brake/clutch master cylinder? happy to get you a rebuild kit and or new one for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh ooh , engine is gone ,.. time for a hemi..lol.. yes, on the dual bore m/c overhaul/rebuild kit,... thank you ,,,... p/p.... brake/clutch assy.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what was the original master cylinder application? Early 60's Chevy C10 pickup? https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/DC/116875-05081982.html