• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Grass Cutters

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate when people mow there lawn and put the grass in the street. Mow the other direction and put it back in your own lawn. Then I have to drive though all the crap they put in the street and possibly get a flat tire?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think if you run over grass clippings and get a flat, you need much better tires. ;)

I don't mind much driving through them. What I don't like is when people don't stop the mower when your car passes.

Myself, I always blow inward for the first few laps since I don't want the clippings in the gardens, driveway, patio...

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
They stir up all the crap on the side of the road and put it in the street. Broken bottles trash, Screws, nails? Who knows what

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They stir up all the crap on the side of the road and put it in the street. Broken bottles trash, Screws, nails? Who knows what

Yup, I see this along the rural roads too. If there is gravel along the side and the grass grows to the edge of the gravel (or even into the gravel) then a lot of debris, along with grass, ends up on the roadway.

When my daughter was younger (and living at home) I would not let her out riding the motor scooters unless she had long pants, tie on shoes, long sleeves and a helmet and I warned her about those patches from lawnmowers. Both she and my wife thought I was crazy until the one day when she slid down the road after hitting that stuff. No injury to her, a few scrapes on the scooter ... but I got told later (by my wife) that I was RIGHT :thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, that's how my friend Janice is highschool was killed.
She and her guy were on a bike, he hit grass on a country road, they both lost their lives.
That was sad.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, That's sad. I didn't even think of slippery conditions for motorcycles.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, That's sad. I didn't even think of slippery conditions for motorcycles.

Bikes. Scooters. Mopeds. Motorcycles. Grass on the roadway is like an ice patch. Regular bicycles are just as at risk.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Every time I watch those motorcycle demo videos on Youtube showing top end and just crazy riding I think man so much can go wrong so quickly. Grass in the road, a piece of 2x4, oil, God knows what.

My riding days are over and for good reason.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
When we were stationed on the Gulf Coast I learned about another horrid skid-maker ... loose sand! :drama:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, that's how my friend Janice is highschool was killed.
She and her guy were on a bike, he hit grass on a country road, they both lost their lives.
That was sad.

In many places blowing debris, including mowed grass. into the street is lllegal.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
In many places blowing debris, including mowed grass. into the street is lllegal.

It is here. Not sure about the grass, but blowing or plowing snow into the road in a no-no. One time I didn't get the chute turned quick enough and ended up blowing snow into the road. Just so happened the plow driver was coming up the hill and he wagged his finger at me.

On his next pass down the hill I wagged my finger right back at him when he plowed the snow onto the foot of my driveway. :yum::yum:

Two old farts in a finger wagging fight. It was choice. :th_lmao::unsure::wink:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
They passes a law here. No plowing snow into the road. Another thought on this grass in the road. It looks like Hell!! I have only seen one neighbor cleaning up her clippings that got into the road!