• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Topless Colorado Gardener prompts new laws

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wearing only a thong and pink gloves :flowers: But seriously, why? Why would she do this? Craving attention? Or perhaps she wanted to divert attention from her wilting flowers? Another article claims she is a "nudist" and I have no problem with that, in a nudist colony, or perhaps in the back yard. But I'm not sure its appropriate to be a nudist in public?
Colo topless gardener complaints prompt new rules

23 mins ago
20100318_083204_nudist.jpg

Robert and Catharine Pierce sit on the porch of their north Boulder home last may.
The couple wanted their photo taken with their mouths taped closed because they
thought their rights were being violated by threats to evict them over their nudity.
On Wednesday, several people called Boulder police because Catharine Pierce was
working outside topless. (Mark Leffingwell)

BOULDER, Colo. – A woman gardening wearing only a yellow thong and pink gloves has brought neighborhood complaints and new rules from a housing authority in Colorado.

Boulder Housing Partners plans to amend its rules so that tenants cover up when they're outside. Several passers-by told Boulder police earlier this week that 52-year-old Catharine Pierce was topless while tending to her yard. Last year, she was threatened with eviction for gardening wearing only pasties and a thong.

Police responding to Wednesday's reports decided Pierce wasn't breaking any laws.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxVeThFutaE"]YouTube- TOPLESS GARDENER REACTION[/ame]
Robert Pierce said he'll fight changes that would keep his wife from gardening outside topless, which is legal under state and city law.
"They're making a big mistake," he said.

Boulder Housing Partners Executive Director Betsey Martens didn't return a phone call Friday seeking details on how covered residents would have to be.

She told the Daily Camera newspaper that people have complained for years about the couple often going outside wearing only thong underwear.

Robert Pierce said the new rules wouldn't discourage the couple. "We'll stay the way we have to stay," he said.

The City Council is scheduled in April to consider expanding the city's anti-nudity ordinance, but a draft proposal to make it an offense for women to go topless in public was removed.

City spokesman Patrick von Keyserling said the housing authority is a separate entity and that the city can't dictate the agency's rules.

Judd Golden, chairman of the Boulder County chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, said neighborhoods are generally able to make their own rules for residents to follow. But he said the ACLU does not support limits that are more restrictive than the law.​

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I perty much agree , Some people just seem to try to push their rights a lil bit to much IMO . If they lived in the country it would be one thing , But in view of a playground & living in a condo is a bit much , Problly just looking for attention :biggrin:

mak2

I think you should able to be naked about anytime it does not cause a disturbance. This is a tough call. A real hot woman standing naked by the interstate could be a problem, a 52 year old fat lady tending her flowers shouldnt be.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, I dunno, a 52 year old fat lady might cause even more disturbances. But from what I gather, this 52 year old gardner is not fat, but rather physically fit and trim. So how does that change your theory?

Image from other news sources with stories specifically about this woman and her husband:
nude-gardening.bmp
20090608193610_naakt_tuinieren.jpg

and another:
naked-gardner.jpeg

But I generally agree with you basic premise, even if I'd disagree with details. If you don't cause a scene it should not be a problem. That is why I'd suggest she stay in her back yard (assuming it has a privacy fence), not in her front yard. The problem is trying to define "disturbance" in the eyes of the law. Different folks will view it very differently and it will be nearly impossible to legally enforce without everyone ending up in a court battle.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Doing that type of thing in a condo envirement is pushing your life choices on others , therefore lack of respect for your neighbors . Much like it would be if it was a gay couple male or female . Some things should not be done in public view .

Nothing wrong with being gay , Just dont make so damn obvious by taking it to far , Being nekkid does that IMO :whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing at all wrong with being naked!
Just don't get naked where others may be offended, IMO.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Nothing at all wrong with being naked!
Just don't get naked where others may be offended, IMO.

Unfortunately? anytime I'm seen naked by anyone? someone is offended. As Mike Fink sang? "Women scream and brave men shiver///"

Lem Foutes would be shocked/ Homer Buhley would be finding a knot hole to peak through/

mak2

Well I was gonna give you rep points for the pics but it wont let me. I was thinking that is a fine looking old woman when it dawned on me I am 50, she is suppose to look good I guess.