• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all I'm headed to the field this morning when I return I want to finish the radio and speaker installation on the old dodge I started yesterday. Marty

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Saw my foot doctor today. He's middle aged crabby SOB, but his office is two blocks from my house. I see him every three months or so for treatments.

Today I found out he moved to Oregon and met his replacement. A stunning young blonde. I think I'm going to increase my treatment schedule.

If only she could replace my urologist.

LOL! Impress her with your anatomical knowledge by asking her if she'll check your cockus erectus.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still having a rough leg day. I overdid it yesterday. I saw a snail pass me earlier when I went out. Music practice tonight.

I had to go to the city for a stone chip repair on my windshield. Some idiot in front of me yesterday on the highway was swerving back and forth and kicked up a rock that hit the windshield directly in my line of sight.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Bamby

Today is a dependent day. What I do is all dependent on if I can walk. With the weather change and it being colder, my legs have been giving out on me quite frequently. It took me 10 minutes this morning to walk to the kitchen from the bedroom using two canes for support. We went out for a foster parent appreciation dinner last night. Halfway through supper, my legs cramped up so much that I had to get up from the table in order to release it. Picture a severe Charlie horse accompanied by a total loss of strength.

Have you ever looked into "Leg Cramps With Apple Cider Vinegar". You'd need to source out the unpasteurized cider it is ready available around here and carries a lot of positive results.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL! Impress her with your anatomical knowledge by asking her if she'll check your cockus erectus.
:th_lmao:

Her being a doctor, I can assume she understands Latin. However her husband is a moose. So I'll decline your advice.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Have you ever looked into "Leg Cramps With Apple Cider Vinegar". You'd need to source out the unpasteurized cider it is ready available around here and carries a lot of positive results.

I don't know how well it works for leg cramps but I can't say enough about how good it is for stomach ailments, in 2015 I was having a terrible time after the apple sider vinegar I can eat anything again. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all I'm headed to the field this morning when I return I want to finish the radio and speaker installation on the old dodge I started yesterday. Marty

When I returned from the field the raidio got finished, now I don't have to listen to myself think for the 2.5 hour cabin trip. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0190.MOV
    1.3 MB · Views: 67

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Saturday!

On today's agenda, not working lol

I've got to see a woman about a sunburst design mirror which would look fab above my couch.
Then I am DONE with the living room.:smile:

I'm walking the path everyone has told me about that "goes beyond the horse farm, just follow the fence"... the weather is going to be perfect today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Gateway Crossfire Car club is terrorizing southern Illinois today with a wine tour. Too cool for the roadster so we will be running with the wife's SRT6 Supercharged coupe.

th

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today I want to fix an oi leak on the new motor its small and I think its coming from the inside edge of the passenger side valve cover as there is oil on the intake manifold and then running down the back making some drip spots when you park it. Then back on the cabin security door that should be done and installed not for the old Dodge motor. Marty

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to Indianola (south of Des Monies, Iowa) this afternoon for the 14th anual Iowa Minuteman get-together. It will be fun visiting with people across that state that I only see once a year....lucky we have phones so at least we can chat all year .

Maybe go to the gym this morning.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Temps are supposed to be in the mid-upper 60(F)s today on the south shore of Lake Michigan. Skies are bright blue and the sun is shining. Roads are dry.

Looks like we may take a motorcycle ride to the northeast and head up to the International Friendship Gardens on the Indiana/Michigan border. Trees are not yet in full fall color but the weather is so nice it will be hard to pass up a nice ride and some of the trees are looking beautiful. The Gardens have several short hiking trials, roughly 1/2 to 2 miles so we'll probably walk around a bit.

Grab a meal somewhere on the way to or from the gardens. If not to the gardens then somewhere else. But too nice to let the day go to waste.

I still have to grout the fireplace but that is a good job to do on a rainy day!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to Indianola (south of Des Monies, Iowa) this afternoon for the 14th anual Iowa Minuteman get-together. It will be fun visiting with people across that state that I only see once a year....lucky we have phones so at least we can chat all year .

Maybe go to the gym this morning.
About 20 years ago, I built a barn for my BIL down in Indianola.
Say hi to the Klings and the Bailey families if they are there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have yet to hear back from this woman with the mirror.
I even offered her more than she is selling it for.
She did read my message on Marketplace.
Hmmph!

Made flounder for dinner.

The walk was nice.
Eagles overhead!

20191019_171919.jpg

20191019_163558-768x768.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today I want to fix an oi leak on the new motor its small and I think its coming from the inside edge of the passenger side valve cover as there is oil on the intake manifold and then running down the back making some drip spots when you park it. Then back on the cabin security door that should be done and installed not for the old Dodge motor. Marty

Hi all, I put a new gasket on the leaking valve cover, thick pressed paper, the others were cork and not very wide you can see where it was missing the valve cover flange. Instead of working on the security door I inspected the tracks on my new old Tucker snow cat, I found some rollers with the flange worn off ( the track doesn't stay on the rails very good like that) and used up most all of my spares. I didn't find any bad bearings or frozen rollers so I just have to grease them all now and load it on the hauler to take to the mountain in November. ( another project that got held up by the truck motor) Looks like I will be on the snow cat forum soon begging for used rollers. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 84

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today was a good day. I took my oldest son out bird hunting in the morning. Came home and unloaded the side by side. Then went to town to pick up a used refrigerator to keep in the basement. I went to the church to play the 5pm service. Back home afterwards to play a board game with my wife and daughter. Two of the kids are gone for the weekend.

The leaves started turning a few weeks ago. Most have fallen already with it going to below freezing at night. I've been working on tarping everything up for the winter. Camp is closed for the season. Still lots of hunting this fall though.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That woman sold the mirror.
She finally sent me a text last night.
Her loss, she could have gotten more.
Oh well, they have ones very similar to that style at Kohl's in Defiance.

I'm going to the late morning mass, then puttering around until I go into work this evening.

The leaves are really starting to turn here too.
??

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back to church this morning with the family. This afternoon is a great time to kick the feet up and watch a nascar race. My legs need a rest. I may play some guitar. I've been playing a bit of old bonjovi lately. What I play depends on the mood.

I had to chuckle yesterday. We're all set to start playing the service at church. Usually the band takes 5 before we start with our first two songs at the beginning of the service. I'm almost always sitting there plucking away quietly as background music. Our pastor walks by and tells me that what I was playing sounded great. Little did she know that I was doing an acoustic version of a Metallica song. In church. While people were arriving. Lmao.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Working on the green house today. I have to remove all of the bubble wrap plastic from the inside as it is old and brittle. Behind it is three years of dead bugs and other critter debris in the four inch gap to the outside plastic wrap.

The Bubble wrap creates an insulating air chamber. But unlike the transparent Greenhouse wrap, it magnifies the sunbeams so that the light is evenly distributed all day.

But before I can replace it I have to clean up the mess and remove all of the old staples in order to get a good seal to the 4X4 framing. This also closes the storm windows airtight.

I used cheap $12 storm windows to glaze the building. Years ago I bought 20 of them (36"X66" side sliders) at a store closing. Works great as they have screen and sliding glass. But, with a thermal rating of less than R3, they are useless for keeping things warm.

As it is the Greenhouse, being 12 feet high, 6 feet deep and 18 feet wide, we get free heat any winter day the sun shines. But with all the cracks and rips in the inner bubble skin, there's been some really cold nights this fall.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Argued wit Verizon earlier today. They jerked me around like they work for the government. I'm probably going over to US Cellular.

Now I'm going to the local bar and visit with friends. I quit drinking alcohol two years ago, so don't worry about me driving home. :)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ugh.....I'm sick. With barely any pre sickness symptoms last night I got up and ran to the bathroom where the contents of my stomach made a second appearance.

It's election day. I feel better. The voting opens at 9:30am. My wife and I will go do our duty early as we're in a severe rainfall warning starting this afternoon. You guys and your Colorado lows that you keep sending north. Sheesh

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feel better Brian!
Yes, we're to get heavy rain this afternoon as well with lots of wind.

I'm working next 2 days.
Last night I wasn't even on the schedule when I walked in at 6. :yum:
That was the scheduler preceptor's error.
I stayed and did the admission dance and drank coffee which kept me awake until 1am.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Running Tabasco sauce samples today. Almost one half million of them this time. And, this time it is a contest with a preloaded gift card.

They will be at the Wally worlds about Thanksgiving. While you are there, buy a rotisserie chicken. Buttery Garlic is the best.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning doctor's appointment. Just routine.

After the appointment I went to the eye doctor to order new glasses. Power failure due to storms knocked out power for a good bit of the town and entire business district so I headed over to the local hot dog stand for a Chicago Style polish, with double onions, of course. Back to the eye doctor after lunch and still no power.

Headed home and figured I'd stop at the CVS near my home, that CVS is 20 miles away from the eye doctor. Got there and the power was out there too :smileywac So no way to get my medications, or drop off my new prescription.

Got home and cut open a watermelon that we had just purchased the other day. It was rotten.

Looked up the national fencing results page because I have 3 of my kids fencing in a competition in Kansas City today. I couldn't make it to that event.

Dasha, my Russian girl, had a horrible day. She was ranked 44th at the event. She is nationally ranked as the 67th best saber fencer in the USA right now. But today she came in 90th place in the event this morning. She got wiped out by one of our very best fencers.

2 boys are still fencing. Dominic is ranked 1st in his event, which is a Div II Epee event. Hoping he will bring home a gold medal. Mateo is just hoping for a decent day in Men's Div 2 Saber, but he is not considered a contender.

I will be leaving for high school fencing practice in about an hour.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning doctor's appointment. Just routine.

After the appointment I went to the eye doctor to order new glasses. Power failure due to storms knocked out power for a good bit of the town and entire business district so I headed over to the local hot dog stand for a Chicago Style polish, with double onions, of course. Back to the eye doctor after lunch and still no power.

Headed home and figured I'd stop at the CVS near my home, that CVS is 20 miles away from the eye doctor. Got there and the power was out there too :smileywac So no way to get my medications, or drop off my new prescription.

Got home and cut open a watermelon that we had just purchased the other day. It was rotten.

Looked up the national fencing results page because I have 3 of my kids fencing in a competition in Kansas City today. I couldn't make it to that event.

Dasha, my Russian girl, had a horrible day. She was ranked 44th at the event. She is nationally ranked as the 67th best saber fencer in the USA right now. But today she came in 90th place in the event this morning. She got wiped out by one of our very best fencers.

2 boys are still fencing. Dominic is ranked 1st in his event, which is a Div II Epee event. Hoping he will bring home a gold medal. Mateo is just hoping for a decent day in Men's Div 2 Saber, but he is not considered a contender.

I will be leaving for high school fencing practice in about an hour.

Given how good your day has been so far, you might want to wrap yourself in bubble wrap. I got some.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.