• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

United Nations Could Run Out of Money by End of October

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
United Nations Could Run Out of Money by End of October
Posted by Mary Chastain Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 1:00pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/10/united-nations-could-run-out-of-money-by-end-of-october/#more

The secretary-general needs to answer a lot of questions before whining about a lack of money.

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned UN employees the entity could run out of money by the end of the month.

The UN has a $230 million deficit.

CBS News reported Guterres wrote in a letter that they may have to postpone “conferences and meetings and reducing services.” They may have to restrict “official travel to only essential activities and taking measures to save energy.”

Guterres said member states of the UN have paid “70 percent of the total amount needed” to meet the 2019 budget. Therefore the UN has a shortage of $230 million. From The Washington Examiner:

Out of the 193 member states, 129 have paid their annual dues. U.N. spokesman Stéphane Dujarric said at a briefing in New York that the member states who haven’t paid need to do so “urgently and in full.”

“This is the only way to avoid a default that could risk disrupting operations globally,” he said.

The total U.N. operating budget is about $5.4 billion. The United States shoulders the largest burden of that, contributing about 22%.

This is not the first time the UN has begged for money. Back in March, Michael Rubin wrote in an op-ed at The Washington Examiner that Guterres should first answer questions.

In the 1990s, the UN gave the late Kofi Annan the position of peacekeeping operations. They completely ignored the fact that “his craveness directly contributed to the 1994 genocide in Rawanda.” Then Annan became secretary-general!

The UN had the Oil-for-Food scandal in Iraq in the early 2000s. The UN ultimately fired the man who tried to blow the whistle on the scandal. He tried to tell them that Saddam Hussein “infiltrated and manipulated the $65 billion” program with help from the UN staff. This included the head of the program Benon Sevan, who allegedly took bribes to help friends secure oil deals. Overall, the program helped Hussein sidestep sanctions and bring in billions of dollars.

Also, why does the UN allow countries who obviously do not respect basic human rights to sit on important panels? Iran joined a UN group specifically to fight for female equality. A female cannot enjoy the outside in Iran without wearing a scarf. Iran just recently allowed females into soccer stadiums to watch games. But even then they sit away from males.

We must not forget the UN peacekeepers accused of child sex abuse around the world.

• More than 100 UN peacekeepers ran a child sex ring in Haiti. None were ever jailed
  • UN investigating leaked sex abuse complaints in Central African Republic
  • UN to send Congo peacekeepers home over sex abuse claims
  • Kosovo UN troops ‘fuel sex trade’

So excuse me if I do not feel sorry for the United Nations.
A
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=paWlWc6DNGs[/ame]
A

Attachments

• 68D7B2E7-83E1-491E-87FE-E8E8F64DBAB5.jpeg
    68D7B2E7-83E1-491E-87FE-E8E8F64DBAB5.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 45

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Shutting it down works for me.

Me too. I think that there are a couple of agencies within the United nations that do some good in this world but for the most part it is a complete and utter waste of time, embroiled in corruption.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Trump could turn that place into a real nice hotel / conference center.

rugerman

If I remember correctly the United States is a major financial contributor to he UN, I think that we have given enough money to this failed experiment, stop funding, shut it down, run the so called diplomats back to their home countries and if some other country would like to give the UN a new home, then they can have all the headaches that come with it.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Out of the 193 member states, 129 have paid their annual dues... member states of the UN have paid “70 percent of the total amount needed” to meet the 2019 budget

The total U.N. operating budget is about $5.4 billion. The United States shoulders the largest burden of that, contributing about 22%.

Lemme see if my basic arithmetic is correct.

70% is currently paid, 22% of that 70% comes from one country.

sooooooo, the other 192 countries are only paying a TOTAL of 48% COMBINED.

It would seem that the U.N. needs to follow the path of the League of Nations

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The UN is VERY anti-American and anti semitic.
Get the US out of the UN!