• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Craigslist Spryte (not mine) in Montana $20k

Taxrulz

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/search/sss?sort=rel&query=snowcat

Good, reliable runner but could use some TLC (wiper blades, etc.). Selling because I need something better suited to grooming.

Part trade for $5k worth of older but reliable beater jeep.

00F0F_aKG1yp3MkBK_1200x900.jpg

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
I’m interested in this Spryte, sent a message to the seller. It looks to be in good shape from the photos, anything I should look for specific to this model?

Jim

andyv916

If it hasnt been rebuilt ?

Brake steering bands , any proof they were inspected or replaced

brake master and slave cylinders .
carburetor .
the original air filter if oil bath is a total mess .
axle bushings,if not rubber torsion style
Sprockets
wheels and tires
exhaust , is it totally rusted out

driveshaft
check the engine oil , is it milky

how many grousers are destroyed ? that is a big job .

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Andy, good info. Seller says it pulls left a little and engine gets hot if it’s worked hard. I’m a mechanic and can fix whatever, but interested in the pulling to the left comment. Likely have to get into the final drive? I believe these had the OC12?

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
Also, he says it’s 10’ wide, no problem oversize trailering in MT day.ight hours, but I’m not sure about WA, where I live?

Taxrulz

Jim, I talked with him and he sent me a few additional pictures--I can forward or post them if there is interest. He doesn't have the original headlights, the work was done by a prior owner.

You have a cool website!

John

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
John, I would like to see the photos, post them here or send to me at jphoenix13@me.com.

Did you Learn anything that would prevent you from considering that cat? I think he’s dropped asking price from 20k down to 15k.

Taxrulz

Looks pretty decent. He seems pretty forthcoming on its condition.

Attachments

• MT engine.jpg
    MT engine.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 319
  • MT hours.jpg
    MT hours.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 323
  • MT interior.jpg
    MT interior.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 318
  • MT batteries.jpg
    MT batteries.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 323
  • MT panel.jpg
    MT panel.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 315
  • MT sprocket.jpg
    MT sprocket.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 323

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for those photos. I agree, seller is very responsive and forthcoming.

andyv916

If it pulls to the left it might just need and adjustment of the left brake band done on the exterior of the OC-12 by backing off the nut a little bit and test driving .