• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rebuilding the Taurus

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I just posted pics, dingus!!! Hood will be done today, I ran out of daylight adn need a second set of hands anyway.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Here Billy I will quot them again haha. Do they show up ok?

Alright, who's ready for pics?!

Destroying the headlight was the only way to get it out...

rebuild001.jpg

rebuild002.jpg

rebuild003.jpg

rebuild005.jpg

rebuild006.jpg

rebuild007.jpg

rebuild008.jpg

rebuild009.jpg

rebuild010.jpg

rebuild011.jpg

rebuild013.jpg

rebuild015.jpg

rebuild016.jpg

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Your doing a good job young Jedi......how many spare bolts have you left over so far:yum::yum::yum:

When will you have her complete...sooner i guess if you stop bloody smoking:unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He smokes them Marlboros so he can keep at least one hand off himself!:w00t2:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Your doing a good job young Jedi......how many spare bolts have you left over so far:yum::yum::yum:

When will you have her complete...sooner i guess if you stop bloody smoking:unsure:

Should be done today. All I have left is to replace the hood and align the headlights. Bumper won't be done until I find one...

There will be a few spare bolts as the rad support is broken and I'm not replacing it. It is holding fine with the other bolts so Im gonna leave it alone. The air guides for the rad are both broken though so I hope that doesn't cause me any issues. It's fucking stupid that you can't get to them with the header panel on, but when you take the header panel OFF, they BREAK! :glare: Oh well, I have a hood seal coming in on Wednesday anyway, so I will price out replacement guides tomorrow and order them in if they are cheap enough. If not, fuck it, I'll 'fabricate' :yum:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I refuse to do car repairs these day's...getting old i guess and i do not like getting greasy hands....but i do some times lift the Hood and check the oil and water:yum::yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I refuse to do car repairs these day's...getting old i guess and i do not like getting greasy hands....but i do some times lift the Hood and check the oil and water:yum::yum::yum:

You manly wanker you! :yum::yum:

Oh and we got some recliners yesterday, too.

Who needs a truck? I got a Taurus and tiedowns! :brows:

recliners.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Taurus is looking good. Get her fixed up and trade her in for a pickup. :shifty:
No sir, I will not trade my car! With the insurance check it's finally gonna be paid off and I do NOT need any more car payments :yum:

Plus all the work that's gone into her, and the fact that I would only see a fraction of it back in a tradein situation, I just couldn't do it anyway. Too many big plans for it once I get a second car and can take the Taurus off the road for a while. :shifty:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, at any rate you are getting there and I have been enjoying watching the progress. Now go get a band-aid for the finger. You won't be worth a damn to us with busted up appendages like that. :yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, at any rate you are getting there and I have been enjoying watching the progress. Now go get a band-aid for the finger. You won't be worth a damn to us with busted up appendages like that. :yum:
That whole hand is lacerated in the palm somehow. Didnt realize it until this morning :yum: Bandages are for sissies and children. If it wasn't for the dirt, rust, and oil in my bloodstream, I just wouldn't be Rusty, now would I?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I like your attitude! However, I just can't figger out your reluctance to the hood scoop. I'll stop yapping about it now. I think I've worn the joke out. :yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Now that the headlights are set in nicely, how about a couple pics?

Attachments

• centennials 001.jpg
    centennials 001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 58
  • centennials 002.jpg
    centennials 002.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 57
  • centennials 003.jpg
    centennials 003.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 57

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You still have some dents to work on.:whistling::yum::yum: Are those the damn blue lights that like to blind you at night?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You still have some dents to work on.:whistling::yum::yum: Are those the damn blue lights that like to blind you at night?

Not gonna blind Rusty. He's driving. Everybody else better look the other way. Eyesight is the second thing to go once you start to get old. :yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

No, normal bulbs. I hate those blue lights, personally. They are not a problem when they are properly aligned BUT NOBODY ALIGNS THEM WHEN THEY PUT THEM IN!!!!!

As for the pants, no fun in that, but if you insist. Ram Air! Yup, that's the ticket. Looking forward to seeing that.
Gimme time, grasshopper :yum:

OK FOLKS she's done!!! Lith helped me get the hood on, as anyone who has ever replaced a hood knows: Taking one off by yourself is easy. Putting one on by youself is not! MAN am I diggin the black hood with the black headlights and grille. Freakin tits.

Attachments

• finished 001.jpg
    finished 001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 77
  • finished 002.jpg
    finished 002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 79
  • finished 003.jpg
    finished 003.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 78
  • finished 005.jpg
    finished 005.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 75
  • finished 006.jpg
    finished 006.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 78

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Rusty ..It's looking good...If I saw that coming at me ..I would almost think it was a cop.!!...:beer::yum::biggrin: