• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bought new rims for my truck

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
and I'm waiting for them to arrive. But here is what they look like on a truck almost exactly like mine. My truck is a 2008 GMC 2500 HD, same color, same body style, same everything except I removed the decal on the back fender and mine has a silver tool box in it.

The 2500HD (diesel) came with 17" wheels and the one's I'm replacing them with are 20". Anyhooo, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 375_Warrior-8_GM_lyd_L.jpg
    375_Warrior-8_GM_lyd_L.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, look very nice. Save the old tires and rims for the winter.

Those look very similar to a set a friend has on his truck. He told me that going from 17 to 20" changed his speedo by about 3MPH but I'd check the numbers yourself...

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, look very nice. Save the old tires and rims for the winter.

Those look very similar to a set a friend has on his truck. He told me that going from 17 to 20" changed his speedo by about 3MPH but I'd check the numbers yourself...

I'm thinking it should straighten out nicely BC, right now my spedo is 3 miles fast. So maybe with larger tires I'll catch up!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking rims. I bet they'll look great towing your boat around. Have you got the boat wet yet?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Remember to put your ball cap on sideways, lower the seat, and hang furry dice from the rear view mirror when you get in the truck after you get them on!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Remember to put your ball cap on sideways, lower the seat, and hang furry dice from the rear view mirror when you get in the truck after you get them on!
But of course! Can't see any reason to change that just because I go different rims... :smile:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking rims. I bet they'll look great towing your boat around. Have you got the boat wet yet?
Yes, I love the boat and it is a hoot. Not in the same legue as Waybomb, but still a lot of fun. The boat will cruze at 30 with great fuel efficiency. Easy to launch and easy to get back on the trailer. Still haven't taken it to NC so were running around in the bay and gulf, but I'll be moving it to the mountains in a couple of months. Thanks for asking.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Few are in the same league as waybomb. He feeds three big blocks all at once. :eek:
We all still manage to have fun on our boats just the same. :beer:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I love the boat and it is a hoot. Not in the same legue as Waybomb, but still a lot of fun. The boat will cruze at 30 with great fuel efficiency. Easy to launch and easy to get back on the trailer. Still haven't taken it to NC so were running around in the bay and gulf, but I'll be moving it to the mountains in a couple of months. Thanks for asking.

I don't pop out of the water until 35 or so. Cruise at 50-75.:brows: