• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted: Newer small boat motor

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Went to the lake over the weekend & had to take my 25 off the fishing boat as the lake we went to had a 10 hp limit. I hadn't run my 9.9 for several years, but it was properly winterized before I stored it, so figured it wouldn't be a problem. (Yeah right !! )

Started on the 2nd pull & down the lake we went. About a mile or so out, it just quit. Primed the ball & choked it & off we go again. Another 150 feet & dead again. Did this all the way back to the dock........not having fun at this point !!

Found a bad fuel line after I got back home that had cracking in it & was sucking air & the fuel pump would lose prime. Wasn't bad enough to leak, just enough air to give me fits !!

So........I'm thinking it's time to upgrade a bit. I have a 1980's 25 hp tiller steer electric start johnson, a similiar vintage 15 johnson, & a late 70's 9.9 johnson.

I'm looking to sell off all 3 & upgrade to one new or almost new outboard. They all run good when they run, but the 25 is used 95% of the time & the others have issues from just sitting not being used.

If anyone has a nice late model (2000's vintage ) outboard up for grabs, I may be interested. Anything from a 9.9 up to a 35, short shaft tiller steer.

I would even consider buying a complete boat & motor outfit, & switching out the newer motor for one of mine & just sell the boat off again.

Please Let me know if you know of one.

Thanks

Tom