• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Toyota PU set to tow 300K Space Shuttle to LA museum

grizzer

SHUTTLE-2-_50918821-x-wide-community.JPG

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ttle-endeavour-toyota/70000223/1#.UFEn8FGB_-A

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Unless Toyota brings a special Tundra over on the boat for this event (highly doubtful), the vehicle being used will come from the San Antonio, TX assembly plant where Tundras and Tacoma are built by American workers. BTW, this will do Obama no good, as Toyota is non-union, closing their only remaining union plant in California in 2009.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
this is a joke my guess is they will have it in low range 4 wheel drive on level pavement. may look cool but i could do that with rustys tarus lets see it pull up an incline now you have to get one of then heavy stinky smoken diesel pickups

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They could just have Jack LaLane do it.

Or have Chuck Norris fling it like a paper plane. At least with this approach they won't have to cut down or trim (as I didn't read the details) of 400 trees to get the Shuttle through.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
this is a joke my guess is they will have it in low range 4 wheel drive on level pavement. may look cool but i could do that with rustys tarus lets see it pull up an incline now you have to get one of then heavy stinky smoken diesel pickups
doing this on flat asphalt i bet Big Als krusty could move it how about getting him and his aleged eye candy out there to move it.it if anything would be a bit more entertaining to see him with the controls of a krusty in one hand and a dr rum in the other pulling the space shuttle.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Well... how about my one owner, only driven to church, 21 hp Kubota lawn tractor with 3 self-sharpening blades, hydraulic deck and cruise control? Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, scale tall trees and viscously tramp across muddy fields on almost new retreads? Hell man, a silly space shuttle is child’s play…

Kane

Unless Toyota brings a special Tundra over on the boat for this event (highly doubtful), the vehicle being used will come from the San Antonio, TX assembly plant where Tundras and Tacoma are built by American workers. BTW, this will do Obama no good, as Toyota is non-union, closing their only remaining union plant in California in 2009.
It's not too late for the UAW (with O's covert support) to whine, sue, go to court and delay the whole operation. Say America needs to pull it with a Siverado. Or a Sierra.

But definitely not a Volt.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
american trucks are gas guzzlers we can't do that also this could be a conspericy to prove to the comiefornians that they don't need them big hummers to move mountains