• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at the hospital waiting for surgery this morning. After my terrible experience here in 2017 after surgery, I'll be getting up and walking out if I'm treated in any way remotely similar to then.

Still upset about it. Despite having coverage for a private room, I was put in a room with a recovering drunk who pissed all over the floor and curtain between the bed not once but 3 times in 3 hours. And nurses only dabbed it clean with a towel. No disinfectant. Gross.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish you luck, Brian and will be thinking about you.

I expect to have another busy day.
Ali's mom is coming by today to talk with her.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at the hospital waiting for surgery this morning. After my terrible experience here in 2017 after surgery, I'll be getting up and walking out if I'm treated in any way remotely similar to then.

Still upset about it. Despite having coverage for a private room, I was put in a room with a recovering drunk who pissed all over the floor and curtain between the bed not once but 3 times in 3 hours. And nurses only dabbed it clean with a towel. No disinfectant. Gross.

I feel your pain, at least here, the VA medicates them so much, they can't even move.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Laying in a hospital bed. Going to be a long recovery. The hernia was bigger than he thought. So he used a large mesh and stitched to the abdominal wall all over.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Laying in a hospital bed. Going to be a long recovery. The hernia was bigger than he thought. So he used a large mesh and stitched to the abdominal wall all over.

Hospitals are no fun. :hammer:

Hope you have a speedy recovery this time.

rugerman

Mowing the yard again, only got the front done on Friday, rained Saturday and Sunday, Hill too wet to mow Monday, dialysis on Tuesday, so today I had to mow it all because the front that I cut on Friday had already grown a couple of inches. Think I will roundup the whole thing and plant plastic grass, I bet that there is a city ordinance against plastic grass.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mowing the yard again, only got the front done on Friday, rained Saturday and Sunday, Hill too wet to mow Monday, dialysis on Tuesday, so today I had to mow it all because the front that I cut on Friday had already grown a couple of inches. Think I will roundup the whole thing and plant plastic grass, I bet that there is a city ordinance against plastic grass.

How about green tinted concrete and a riding vacuum cleaner?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
download.jpeg

That stuff is a God-send, I'm tellin ya!
Half hour later and zzzzzzzz.
:thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hospitals are no fun. :hammer:

Hope you have a speedy recovery this time.
As my luck would have it, turns out the hernia was much bigger than they thought. They had to basicall use a much larger mesh covering my entire abdomen. This morning I was told there would be a small incision over my belly button and one on each side of the abdomen for camera access. Well, I also received 8 more small incisions to allow the mesh to be sewn to the abdominal wall so it doesn't move. Yes, I'm hurting.
dd2e76ff5b49ec72c5832af470e20392.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh sorry!

GET WELL BRIAN!!!!

anyway..
We think Kiwi is going to be a Runner.
Like the one in the middle.

20180620_225905.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still hurting. But was up walking first thing this morning. Had very high blood pressure yesterday but overnight it came back to normal. All system working. Hopefully going home today. I'll be back sleeping in the chair for a while.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Still hurting. But was up walking first thing this morning. Had very high blood pressure yesterday but overnight it came back to normal. All system working. Hopefully going home today. I'll be back sleeping in the chair for a while.
Sure wish you didn't have to go through this again.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up with a teething toddler @ 4:30a.
Then again with Ali wanting to know if a small temp was need for concern.

This morning everyone is happy.
I'm hooked up to my caffeine drip.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I'm moving slower than a snail but at least I'm home. For a procedure that was supposed to be a laproscopic less invasive deal, this one hurt way more than any other surgery

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
As my luck would have it, turns out the hernia was much bigger than they thought. They had to basicall use a much larger mesh covering my entire abdomen. This morning I was told there would be a small incision over my belly button and one on each side of the abdomen for camera access. Well, I also received 8 more small incisions to allow the mesh to be sewn to the abdominal wall so it doesn't move. Yes, I'm hurting.
dd2e76ff5b49ec72c5832af470e20392.jpg

Is that a $ sign in the middle of your belly?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What are you feeding this ducks? Their Giant!!

Kent poultry feed.
The dark ones are Indian Runners.
That's what Kiwi and the brown ones are.
We think.
A couple of the brown ones are getting blue markings beginning to appear.
Kiwi is gray and stands out from the others.

Soon they'll be cooped.
My son lets them on the pond alone sometimes.
They stay huddled in a group.
It scares me because I fear a fox will come racing out of the woods.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, this isn’t exactly about just today’s activities, it’s more of a summation to the week . . . I’m back on chemo , Jan had a heart attack ( but there was fortunately no heart damage ) , and I got a free husqvarna 350 that needed a P&C ,so it is now wearing a 346xp jug .
Been a wierd week to say the least . But , we are both fine ,so that’s all that matters in the end .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. That sucks. My brother is 42 and had a stroke in April. He's going for a valve job in july.

As for me, I'm in severe pain. We removed the bandages as per dr orders and counted 32 staples spread over my abdomen which means there's just as many stitches under the skin holding the mesh to the abdominal wall. Swelling is very bad right now so the mesh is pulling under the skin. And when we removed the bandages we discovered that I'm allergic to the bandages they used. I now have lovely blisters in amongst the stitches.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Damn you guys are going through some shit. Hang in there the both of you. This too shall pass.

Nah, not going to bitch about my foot today. No desire to sound like a damn snowflake.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn you guys are going through some shit. Hang in there the both of you. This too shall pass.

Nah, not going to bitch about my foot today. No desire to sound like a damn snowflake.
Dayum, What a coincidence

I hath a lithle throuble with my footh today altho. But, wif a widdle advithe from the wife, I wuth able to pull Mosth of it out. Teef still hurth some.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. That sucks. My brother is 42 and had a stroke in April. He's going for a valve job in july.

As for me, I'm in severe pain. We removed the bandages as per dr orders and counted 32 staples spread over my abdomen which means there's just as many stitches under the skin holding the mesh to the abdominal wall. Swelling is very bad right now so the mesh is pulling under the skin. And when we removed the bandages we discovered that I'm allergic to the bandages they used. I now have lovely blisters in amongst the stitches.

You just can’t win for losing :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.