• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Regarding Immigration

S-noWonder

Okay, so let me get this straight. Our president is getting tough on illegal immigration. The previous administration opened the gate and Trump wants to close it and have people come in going through a process of weeding out criminals and other offenders.

It used to be you had to have a skill or a way to support yourself to come in this country. That stopped a decade or so ago. Our president wants to implement our basic laws again. The same laws that are enforced on the countries on either side of us. No one was paying attention. So he upped the anty with a law that was passed in 2002.

We have people at the border requesting amnesty. In with these people are criminals, even people that kidnapped children to get their foot in the door. So... now there are children in "camps" taken from their parents. The very parents that knew before they stepped over the border that their kids would be taken away from them, yet they did it anyway.

We have Mexico tidily bringing people to our border, not helping these refugees, just giving them a ride.

We have politicians screaming about the unfairness, yet they have done nothing to change the laws, to find a way to help the refugees or the 100's of thousands of homeless in our own state.

So no one is doing anything to make things better, just mouthing off and creating drama. Am I missing anything?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing I see missing is a little more on those seeking asylum. It's not Mexican's seeking it. It's those from the countries south of Mexico. Why don't those people seeking asylum just stop and stay in Mexico? The language and culture is about the same as their homeland so they'll fit right in and be comfortable.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Okay, so let me get this straight. Our president is getting tough on illegal immigration. The previous administration opened the gate and Trump wants to close it and have people come in going through a process of weeding out criminals and other offenders.

It used to be you had to have a skill or a way to support yourself to come in this country. That stopped a decade or so ago. Our president wants to implement our basic laws again. The same laws that are enforced on the countries on either side of us. No one was paying attention. So he upped the anty with a law that was passed in 2002.

We have people at the border requesting amnesty. In with these people are criminals, even people that kidnapped children to get their foot in the door. So... now there are children in "camps" taken from their parents. The very parents that knew before they stepped over the border that their kids would be taken away from them, yet they did it anyway.

We have Mexico tidily bringing people to our border, not helping these refugees, just giving them a ride.

We have politicians screaming about the unfairness, yet they have done nothing to change the laws, to find a way to help the refugees or the 100's of thousands of homeless in our own state.

So no one is doing anything to make things better, just mouthing off and creating drama. Am I missing anything?

Nope, that pretty much sums it all up. What does any of us expect from a turd pile of legislators that can not even agree on what day of the week it is, let alone do something meaningful.

rugerman

The republicans have a majority in both houses of congress, if they would pull together they could fix a lot of problems, but they continue to fight each other and therefore fixes don’t occur. Then you have jackasses like John Mccain who is just being contrary for the hell of it or because he is butt hurt because he lost his bid for president and for stuff that Trump said about him during his campaign.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the president has announced that he's going to "sign something".

Some folks say he’s given in. I hope not. If he is doing his usual thing what he is signing should ease the problem and at the same time dump the problem back on the dems.