• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Almost done with fireplace #2 this one in my office.
Still need to hang my dogfight lights and need one more piece of purple heart.

Attachments

• 20171029_122137.jpg
    20171029_122137.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good. Looking forward to seeing the dogfight lights once they are installed.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok. So I went with the lovely missus to the Halloween dance. Even got dressed up. Sat there all night as she brought me beer. Didn't drink much. Came home around 1am. Had the most restless night of sleep. Been sitting in pain all day barely able to move. I didn't even dance last night. Today was literally a pyjama day.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
ppl look to be popular, & that is sweeeeet-- unless u have so many best pals that u hafta put too many ppl onto ur calenders & put ur cell onto shush mode-- my cell is on shush mode-- i luv my best pals dearly; here & there, tho, we hafta to take a nap, & ought take one~~
so-----
i'm ignoring ppl & slugging pabst; my best pal swung by earlier, tho too--

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
What a day! We got hit with that monster nor'easter. 50+ mph winds and a 28.92 barometer reading. That is close to hurricane readings. We lost power at 3 this morning. What a flipping hairy night it was last night. A sub station about 5 miles from me (I know it well) took a huge fault current hit and destroyed a 45kv xfmr. Thats a bad hit. Not sure what went wrong there. Lots of downed lines. Linemen working on our road told me it could be this weekend before power is restored.

Not to worry. Old TR has two generators choogling, plenty of steaks in the freezer and wood for the fire.:wink:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Power back on!! The linemen did a great job on our road fixing the snapped poles and downed trees. It will be a nice overtime paycheck for them as well. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have 7 kids. Count em. That's SEVEN kids in the house till tomorrow then down to 4 for the weekend. Try getting that many kids ready for school in the morning when they all go to different schools and you're alone because the wife starts work at 7am. Welcome to my life.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went for a ride on back roads with two of our grand kids (Olivia and Chase). Saw 4 deer and a whole lot of beautiful fall colors. Temps in the mid 70's. Perfect day for a ride.

Attachments

• RTVrideWithChaseAndOlivia.jpg
    RTVrideWithChaseAndOlivia.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 77

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool. I looked at Kubota when I got mine. Price was a factor though.

Greg got it used at a great price. And I make a mistake it’s an 1140.

You need to ask him about the canopy. Four seater but the canopy just covers the two front seats. :whistling:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome. Our problem up here is used ones are hard to come by and when they do people want the same price as new.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, it's a 2009 Kubota RTV 1140 I just picked it up last summer. The 1140 has the option of having two rows of seats for hauling more people, or the seats fold down to make the dump bed bigger. ..And like Jim said, I put a top on the 1140 that was made or a RTV900. It covers the important part of the unit - me. LOL I also have a 2006 RTV 900 that I bought in 2012. So currently we are a two RTV family. Thinking I'll put the RTV 900 up for sale soon. I truly do not need nor can I justify two of these bad boys. :D

Attachments

• RTVs_4.jpg
    RTVs_4.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 72
  • RTVs_3.jpg
    RTVs_3.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 72

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my pal got a procedure that meant sedation, & to him, he would simply make his way to his place via sneakers (i Pray he put on items beyond sneakers)-- so someome (me) got him a cab-- he sure can be a flake-- he so owes me a draft--

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I’ll be sorting this out . It’s a Chinese ms250 knockoff . No parts labeling , no instructions .
Also have one for my BIL as a Christmas present ...
Apologies for pic#2 . Can’t figure out how to turn it right side up !

Attachments

• 3A40666D-6ECF-49D9-B15C-03DD2DFAA6F0.jpg
    3A40666D-6ECF-49D9-B15C-03DD2DFAA6F0.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 54
  • NixonPicUpsidedown.jpg
    NixonPicUpsidedown.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 41

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I flipped it rightside up for ya John.

We visited Amish country today. Thankfully my sister in law went along and would accompany my wife in all the stores I had no desire to step inside of. :D Worked for me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We enjoyed that part of our trip in August. Travelling the back roads through Amish country. We basically stayed off the interstates the whole time.

Gunsrus

Right now I am doing my very best to get back to normal in a part of the world that ain´t as well connected to the mother country it belongs to. Gerona has a lot of material things going for it. The flats have decent interiors, the schools and public services are plenty, but the ambition is so high, the people want to kick over mountains and flatten hills. Inside, everything´s great, but on the outside, you gotta be so careful cos you never know who wants to go where and how far they´re gonna go.

But you know what, yesterday and the day before, I was visiting a part of spain that has got a lot more in its favor. Alcala de Henares is a thriving and developing part of the country that´s really coming into its own. Heck, they´re building new residences on the outskirts that are expanding the city limits. Madrid´s taken charge of the place and rightfully so. It´s really making the place a fun spot to be and I was really happy to have spent a day and a half there. Wish I could have stayed longer, though. Oh, well, there´s always a next time.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much today. Went to the church at 3:30 to set up for the 5pm service. Practiced with my band at 4. Played the service. Went for dinner with the band after. We all take lead on songs. Some are better suited for my voice. Some are better suited for others. We enjoy it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In bed late last night. Our high school football team won Semi-State and is heading to the State Championship in Indianapolis the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The lovely Mrs_Bob and I drove down the last time this happened (6 years ago?), might do it again this time. The team has come close several times since.

The only thing holding us back is that is the ONLY weekend I don't have a fencing tournament and it would be nice to spend a weekend relaxing.

I'm heading to Wisconsin with my fencing team this morning. Should be a very long day. I have 1, maybe 2, girls who can get medals. I think 1 of my "possible medal" girls is sick so I'm not even sure if she will make the trip? I'll find out when we count the kids who are on the bus and see if she is there.

Not sure why, but its been this way since the team started, my boys team is never as good as my girls team. I've always had 1 good boy backed up by a weak boys team. So it is this year. My 1 good boy is only a 2nd year fencer, he's very competitive at Junior Varsity level and can medal in JV events but not quite up to being competitive at Varsity level. My girls team has always had a couple of very good fencers backed up by fairly good fencers coming up behind them.

So today I am hoping to come back with 1 girl wearing a medal in Varsity Saber. And it will be a late return. 4am now. Probably won't be back home until 9:30/10:00pm tonight???

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck to both teams Bob. Fencing and Football.

It's time to make the home made noodles for Thanksgiving. Wife makes the noodles and lays them out to dry. Once dried I help with cutting and bagging. Mmmmm I love home made noodles. :D

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanksgiving was last month. Lol.

Kids were in the annual Christmas parade this morning with their scouting group. I sat in the vehicle along the parade route watching. I'm heading out soon to play guitar at the 5pm service.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Had neighbor bring over an ancient 026 . It’s been to several “ chainsaw techs “ that can’t figure out why it’ll start ,but won’t take throttle . Pulled the air filter ,which has the choke integrated into it . The spring that holds the choke open was disconnected . So, it was slamming closed when throttled up . Gonna clean the thing up ,do acompression and pressure/vac test on it , change the rim sprocket ,sharpen the chain .

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Well , good thing I pressure /vac tested the 026 . Wouldn’t even build pressure ,or vacuum ,let alone hold it . Hole in the impulse line ,and the guy that changed the Piston and cylinder reused the old base gasket ,which didn’t seal when it was reassembled . Pretty sure the impulse took out the original P&C . Kind of fortunate the thing didn’t run right after the “tech “ “ repaired “it . Wouldn’t have made a tank before frying up . Tomorrow is run dowm to MotherStihl’s parts place day !

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
one of my best pals takes me to her workplace w/ her, & we'll chit-chat when she's not too busy, & then she brings me here/another place to get adult beverages-- i'm gonna get her a present that rocks!!

we should shop, as well~~

Status
Not open for further replies.