Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Vehicles > Cars, Trucks Forum

Old 08-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 6,103 Times in 2,706 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation OFFICIAL: Jeep Scrambler Pick Up truck w/DIESEL power

Looks like a compact pick up to compete with the Chevy Colorado, Nissan Frontier, etc.

No clue on towing capacity but I'd bet about #4500 give or take a bit if it wants to be competitive with the other vehicles in that compact class.

Obviously 4 doors, but its UNKNOWN if they will be 'suicide' doors that fully open to expose the cab. These types of doors have become popular on some models of trucks over the past several years. Its very possible they will be traditional doors, pictures of both style exist but I suspect only 1 style will be available. Rear seat leg room seems to be suitable for pre-teens and one would expect that the rear seat folds up to allow tool/long gun storage. If the more traditional doors are utilized its possible there may be almost enough room in the rear for a small adult?

I can only find photos of it with a short bed, maybe 6' long?

Best news of all is that it comes with a 6 cylinder DIESEL engine. Possibly also a V6 gasser too? But looks like the diesel power is confirmed.

LINK to article from FOUR WHEELER >>> http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1708...eep-scrambler/

MORE >>> http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1601...2020/#photo-05

LINK TO SOURCE MATERIAL >>> http://www.jeepscramblerforum.com/fo...er-axles.1323/

With a diesel power plant confirmed I might be induced into selling the '67 Jeepster and trading in the '05 Touareg on one of these new Scramblers. Neither the Jeepster nor the Touareg get much use, one is just for fun and the other is simply here for the occasional times I need to haul things that won't fit into a car trunk. A 2-for-1 trade would free up a garage bay and get me a fun vehicle that is also useful ... if I can talk the lovely Mrs_Bob into such a thing. But clearly I'd want to see one of these in real life first.
Attached Images

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melensdad For This Useful Post:
Doc  (08-24-2017), jim slagle  (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Bronze Member

deand1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OFFICIAL: Jeep Scrambler Pick Up truck w/DIESEL power

Looks strong from the outside but, not enough room in the back seat for a dog crate for my lab. Those rear wasted space seats would have to come out before I could use it.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:39 AM
The Old Salt

Thanked 8,427 Times in 3,393 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: OFFICIAL: Jeep Scrambler Pick Up truck w/DIESEL power

I like that. Reminds me of the Hummer H2 pickup truck they made a few years back. That was a cool rig and I would say the inspiration for this Jeep pick up. I almost bought one, but that small rear box was a deal breaker for me. The orange Jeep appears to have a large box while the silver one appears to be small like the Hummer. Offering different size boxes maybe? A very nice looking rig in all regards.

I agree the suicide doors would be preferred. That is very nice, but I'll bet the production version will have standard opening doors for safety reasons. There is a reason they call them suicide after all.

Name:  hummer.2008.h2sut.098.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  52.6 KB