• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thinking of getting a Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200 tractor?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for a bigger tractor. My little New Holland has served me well but I'm going bigger projects on my land and while the little TC24 is a fantastic little brute for its size, it is still limited by its size.

Looking around, the Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200 looks to fit my needs but I honestly don't know anything about them. I have a local dealer, who I trust, been selling Kubota/Cub Cadet for at least 20 years. I've had many dealings with him.

Anyone know anything about these new Cub/Yanmar tractors? They've been in a joint venture for a couple years, I figure they probably have the bugs worked out by now.

From Cub's website:
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/...y_10051_14101_1210157_1210107_600003_-1_image
A POWERFUL TRACTOR. AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL EXPERIENCE.
EX2900/3200 SERIES TRACTORS

54AAC4MK727_product_detail.png
Powerful, durable, and just plain tough
28.7 and 32 HP* direct injection engines are cleaner burning and more efficient
3-range hydrostatic transmission provides consistent delivery of horsepower and a more powerful drive system
Hydrostatic power steering for a smooth ride over rough terrain
Dual hydro pedal control
Dual hydraulic pumps (9.9 total GPM)
Curved boom loader and backhoe available
QuickAttach™ loader bucket available
2-year (tractor) and 3-year (engine/drivetrain) limited warranty (see your independent dealer for warranty details)​

loboloco

Kubota makes a line of good small tractor. Yanmar used to be good, but haven't used a new one. What hp range were you wanting?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought you had a larger Kubota?

Yes and No.

Had a B2910 with my neighbor (partners in the tractor). But that tractor has no more lift capacity and only slightly more traction that mine. The tractor is currently living at the neighbors, I'm no longer a partner in it, could use it if I wanted, we still share all sorts of implements but we both ended up needed our own so the partnership is no longer formal. Still, that tractor, despite having 30 hp, is lighter duty than I'd like to consider.

As for HP range, something in the 30 to 34hp range . . . but with a slightly larger frame than I have . . . with more weight . . . with more traction and lift capacity.

Whatever the new version of the New Holland TC33 would be good too. I've not gone over to look at the new N.H. line up so I don't know their current model numbers. But I don't want a frame size as big as the old TC35. Ditto the old Kubota L3130 frame size, I'd like it just smaller than that and with hydrostatic transmission (hydro was not available on the old L3130).

The Cub/Yanmar model line also includes a 'deluxe' model called the sx3100, which has somewhat less capacity than the ex3200, somewhat less weight, but is the same overall length as the ex3200, while only losing about a 1/2 hp.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes and No.

Had a B2910 with my neighbor (partners in the tractor). But that tractor has no more lift capacity and only slightly more traction that mine. The tractor is currently living at the neighbors, I'm no longer a partner in it, could use it if I wanted, we still share all sorts of implements but we both ended up needed our own so the partnership is no longer formal. Still, that tractor, despite having 30 hp, is lighter duty than I'd like to consider.

As for HP range, something in the 30 to 34hp range . . . but with a slightly larger frame than I have . . . with more weight . . . with more traction and lift capacity.

Whatever the new version of the New Holland TC33 would be good too. I've not gone over to look at the new N.H. line up so I don't know their current model numbers. But I don't want a frame size as big as the old TC35. Ditto the old Kubota L3130 frame size, I'd like it just smaller than that and with hydrostatic transmission (hydro was not available on the old L3130).

The Cub/Yanmar model line also includes a 'deluxe' model called the sx3100, which has somewhat less capacity than the ex3200, somewhat less weight, but is the same overall length as the ex3200, while only losing about a 1/2 hp.

Get a Kioti .............. :biggrin:

loboloco

Belarus has a few in the 250 and 310 models that might be close to what you want. Fairly simple machines, but wait times for parts can be aggravating.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Belarus has a few in the 250 and 310 models that might be close to what you want. Fairly simple machines, but wait times for parts can be aggravating.
Nope. Only want to deal with a local dealer. None are nearby.

I'm limited to Bobcat/Kioti (not real close but close enough), John Deere, New Holland, Cub Cadet/Yanmar and Kubota.

Kioti might be reasonable, but local dealer is not very local (in next county), that is the Bobcat model CT230. Seems a lot heavier and offers less horsepower but somewhat greater lift capacities.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh by the way, Cub Cadet is offering a FREE FRONT END LOADER on the sx3100 and ex3200 models until the end of August. So that alone is worth giving up a bit of capacity or accepting less than perfect specifications. Still the tractors look nice in real life and the paper specs look pretty good too.

BTW, the Kubota is looking to be about $19000 for a B3300 with front end loader, which seems to be more money than anything else I can find to compare it too.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
My Takeuchi equipment is Yanmar powered, I absolutely loved the older Yanmar JD tractors I had (I see one of them at least a few times a month - the guy who bought the JD870 from me is still thrashing it and has over 6000 hours on it) and one of my more affluent friends tells me that no "decent" yacht has anything but a Yanmar for a powerplant.

I really despise the Cub name because of how they were a whore with the name and Cub no longer automatically means quality. However, the Cub/Yanmar deal looks about as sweet as it gets. The church by me, my closest neighbor, bought a Cub/Kioti from one of those long distance deals and it's not worked out very well at all for them. I don't know if Cub changed them or what, but they are well past wanting to unload it. The problem is that they're looking at taking an absolute beating on resale.

Sorry BD, but I honestly (no jab, just the truth) wasn't impressed with the Kioti I took several hours to go over a few years ago before I bought my last JD. I really could see why there was a difference in price between the two and I've not regretted my decision. I'd rank Kioti with Mahindra as far as being on the same level. If I wanted to have price as one of my main decision makers, I'd likely go with Mahindra or Kioti. I'm too spoiled with the big three tractors I've owned. As of about 4 years ago, Kioti honestly just wasn't on equal footing with them. However, as you likely know, I own one of the most expensive Korean vehicles ever imported to this country. You can't accuse me of being 'anti-Korean' by any means. Maybe the tractors have stepped it up in the last 4 years, but it seems that tractors are slower to react to customer demands than automakers. Hmm, I just went to Kioti's site and looked for my "nearest" dealer. I guess the one 'semi-local (60 miles) dealer went out of business. I now don't have one in 100 miles.

Either way, I wouldn't expect Bob to have any issues at all with his Yanmar made tractor in Cub Cadet colors. I'd love to have a 25Kw Yanmar diesel generator to be honest.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So is Kioti!
Except, as I said, the dealer is an hour+ away in the next county. To put that into some frame of reference, the Cub/Yanmar dealer is 4.2 miles East of my house, the John Deere dealer is 3.75 miles east of my house. The New Holland dealer is 8 miles west.

My Takeuchi equipment is Yanmar powered, I absolutely loved the older Yanmar JD tractors I had. . .
. . . I wouldn't expect Bob to have any issues at all with his Yanmar made tractor in Cub Cadet colors. I'd love to have a 25Kw Yanmar diesel generator to be honest.
Well I am not 'sold' on the Cub/Yanmar. I looked at them this afternoon. The sx3100 is a 'nicer' tractor but probably about the same size tractor as my NH TC24 except with a 31hp engine. The ex3200 is more of a workhorse type tractor, bigger, taller, beefier and probably more suitable for what I am needed but still not too big to get down my narrow paths, etc. There were no comparable Kubota tractors on the lot and the owner/salesguy had just gone home so I missed talking to him. I'd looked at the JD lot, but they had exactly 2 tractors, of those 1 might have maybe been the size I was looking for. I kept driving by without bothering to stop. The NH dealer is the opposite direction, I'll get out there in the next week or two.

Still not sure I'm going to trade up, but I'm leaning that way.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I cant speak for the Cub Cadet as I dont know anyone that has one . But the yanmars are great tractors & very popular in & around this area & Oklahoma . I know several folks that have them & not one has ever had a major issue with them .

I,ve only had one of the smaller yanmar models & it was a great little tractor , only issues were the front axle seals leaking because it had not been maintained properlly , But there was no problem finding parts for it .

As dargo said the yanmar engine are very good & used in many things including John deere tractors . I sure do like the looks of the one you posted though . :smile:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
So is Kioti!

After looking again, I think Bob's best buy is the new DK90. Haven't seen one in person, but it appears as if Kioti has addressed my previous complaints in this new iteration. Sure it's a few extra hp, but when do you ever have too much hp? :brows:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got a New Holland TC24d tractor, great machine, love it for its small size but great power. Still, as my projects expand, the small size is becoming more of an issue for me and I may need a bigger machine.

Local dealers are John Deere 3.75 miles east. Cub/Yanmar & Kubota, 4.50 miles east. And New Holland 8 miles west. I don't care to look farther than these dealerships, I've had dealings with all of them, all have given me great service over the years.

Cub Cadet dealer has a two tractors on the lot that look good. One is the sx3100, the other is the ex3200. Both are attractive because Cub/Yanmar is offering a "free front end loader" if you buy before Aug 31, 2010.
  • The sx3100 appears to be similar to the New Holland I own in that it is a feature filled small machine, even has a cup holder :wink: Obviously more powerful engine, bigger bucket, but size is really just slightly larger than my TC24d.
  • The ex3200 is a bigger heavier machine, more basic in some ways, but still nice enough. Seems to be the better machine for moving dirt, hauling things, etc because of its size.
But here is my problem, when I look over the specifications I don't see either of these machines as being stand outs in any way other than price advantage:
3pt Lift Capacity at 24" behind the ball eyes:
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 1209#
  • Cub/Yanmar ex3200 = 1100#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 1300#
  • my current NH TC24d = 1265#
  • * New Holland 2030 = 1635#
Weight of tractor:
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 2030#
  • Cub/Yanmar ex3200 = 2500#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 1764#
  • my current NH TC24d = 1600#
  • * New Holland 2030 = 2605#
FEL capacity: BREAKOUT FORCE @ pivot pins
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 2090#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 2474#
  • my current NH TC24d = 1720#
  • * New Holland 2030 = 2700#
FEL capacity: Capacity at full height @ 500mm forward of pins.
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 693#
  • Cub/Yanmar ex3200 = 770#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 730#
  • my current NH TC24d = 750#
  • * New Holland 2030 = 1183#
PTO Horsepower:
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 23.5
  • * Cub/Yanmar ex3200 = 25.5
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 23
  • my current NH TC24d = 19.5
  • New Holland 2030 = 24.5
What seems to shock me about ALL of these options is that NONE of them are overwhelming my little TC24d except the larger New Holland 2030, and that is physically the largest tractor of the bunch. In some cases I would give up some capacity to go to a new, somewhat larger, tractor, depending on the model chosen.

ALL of the newer models listed above have more PTO horsepower than my current tractor and for tilling in my heavy clay that will be a very helpful thing!!! So that can be some justification for upgrading to the larger engines all these newer models utilize.

I really have never had a lift capacity issue with my FEL. Carrying a full bucket of clay soil has not been an issue, I don't expect it will become an issue with a new tractor. But I do run into BREAKOUT FORCE capacity issues and the more of that, the merrier!!! Two of the 3 new models offer significant increases, one offers a modest increase in that capacity.

The one other issue that I consider reasonably important is 3pt lift capacity. I have a home made pallet mover that attaches to my 3pt lift. When I get pallets of bagged materials delivered I often am forced to unload 1/2 the pallet so that I can lift it with the forks. So this is another area where I'd like lots of capacity. NONE of these tractors gives me any significant improvement and the one that has the best other spec's actually has the worst 3pt performance!?!

I've not yet checked out the new models from New Holland in person, on paper they look darn good, in fact it confirms why I went with New Holland last time. But all those great specs come at the price of size. The NH 2030 is a good bit physically larger than the other tractors. That will be a problem on my property so while it looks great, I'd probably disqualify it because it won't fit through my gates and will require me to rebuild/widen some paths, etc.

I went by the John Deere dealer and he had exactly 2 tractors on the lot and neither looked to be what I was looking for so I continued past.

So here is my question, and I must decide before the end of August to get a free front loader, is it even worth it to upgrade my tractor to the new Cub Cadet ex3200?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Unless you till commercially you really can discount the pto hp as you only do it a small percent of time. Now running a bigger bush hog or other power hungry attachments is a different story. As for the pallets why not get a quick change front one and get forks for it. More capacity and lift plus the ability to stack stuff. Lots of attachments available for front app's these days. I don't have the need for them on a tractor as I use my Gehl skid steer for those things.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I'm about to sell a Deere 4310 with loader and backhoe if you're interested in coming to Alabama!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I looked at the Kubota L3400 today and compared it to the ex3200. Physically its quite a bit larger than the ex3200 and would have more capacity for work, but would also require that I then get rid of all my implements and I want to avoid doing that!

I share implements with on of my neighbors, most of them are mine and mostly he gets to use them because he can repair anything. So if I go up too large in tractor size then I have to factor in a few thousand extra dollars for implements and he won't be able to use them. Consequently I'm not interested in the Kubota L3400. The B3200 doesn't offer enough advantage to upgrade but costs plenty more $$$$ so there is no reason to upgrade to that since it would mostly be a wallet buster that doesn't provide enough performance upgrade to justify the costs since the TC24 gives me most of what the B3200 offers already.

After a more detailed analysis of the ex3200, it seems to me to be an upgraded version of the old John Deere/Yanmar 790/990 series tractor. Upgraded in a few ways, mostly in the fact that it has an HST transmission. Overall ergonomics are OK, not great/not bad, but not up to the standards of New Holland or newer John Deere units. You can tell this is not the newest design off the drawing board. It is clearly serviceable and the fender mounted loader control valve is in a good location, the floor platform is fairly roomy and semi-flat. The hydro pedals are 2 different pedals, one each for forward/reverse instead of the more common single rocker pedal. It does not have independent right/left brakes, just one pedal to control both.

Looks like Cub/Yanmar is coming out with a new line of tractors too. Not sure if it will be more of a luxury class like the smaller sx3100 tractor or if it will be an expansion of the more utility ex3200 series.

Will the ex3200 work for me? Yup. Will I buy it? Not sure. I'm not sold on it but there don't really seem too be many choices that would fit the 'sweet spot' of size/capabilities that I am looking for.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think some of my tree branches will knock the cab off that tractor.

BTW, I checked out the specs of the BRANSON tractors (HST models) and those look pretty darn weak. If the NH came is a slightly smaller frame size I would grab one of those, it clearly out specs the competition.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
the older Bransons were made by Kukje - the new ones are made by LG (were being sold as Montana before Branson bought into them)
Kukje was a pleasant surprise to me power-wise.
TYM would be another good one if you had them available in your area.

what size implements and gate are you trying to stay inside of?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I think some of my tree branches will knock the cab off that tractor.

Gees, that's right, you like the heat, bug bites, stings and that refreshing winter blast in the face. Any limbs that are not easily ripped off by my FEL meet Mr. Chainsaw. :smile: So far, a few thousand trees are yet to score against any of my cabs.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Adding the Bobcat tractor into the matrix and it looks good except for the size. It is slightly larger than the New Holland 2030/2035 series machines in length, heavier and taller. Its 35hp engine is higher than any of the others, there is a 30hp version of this same machine but given its size/weight I honestly think its silly to put a 30hp engine in this size machine. The NH also is available with a 35hp engine but I only compared the 30hp NH.
3pt Lift Capacity at 24" behind the ball eyes:
  • Bobcat ct235 = 1508#
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 1209#
  • Cub/Yanmar ex3200 = 1100#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 1300#
  • my current NH TC24d = 1265#
  • New Holland 2030 = 1635#
Weight of tractor:
  • Bobcat ct235 = 3056#
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 2030#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 1764#
  • my current NH TC24d = 1600#
  • New Holland 2030 = 2605#
FEL capacity: BREAKOUT FORCE @ pivot pins
  • Bobcat ct235 = 1904# (at 500mm forward, roughly 2500# at pins)
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 2090#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 2474#
  • my current NH TC24d = 1720#
  • New Holland 2030 = 2700#
FEL capacity: Capacity at full height @ 500mm forward of pins.
  • Bobcat ct235 = 1225#
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 693#
  • Cub/Yanmar ex3200 = 770#
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 730#
  • my current NH TC24d = 750#
  • New Holland 2030 = 1183#
PTO Horsepower:
  • Bobcat ct235 = 26.5
  • Cub/Yanmar sx3100 = 23.5
  • Cub/Yanmar ex3200 = 25.5
  • Kubota B3200 HSD = 23
  • my current NH TC24d = 19.5
  • New Holland 2030 = 24.5

Right now the Bobcat is ONLY in consideration until August 1. There is a rebate to offset the cost of a FEL, that expires on August 1 so if I buy a tractor before August 1 then I will consider the Bobcat, after August 1 and the Bobcat is no longer cost competitive.

grizzer

Bob just crack the purse strings a little and get what you really want: A vineyard version that's about 48-60" wide, strong enough to lit your pickup & change a tire.

http://www.deere.com/servlet/ProdCatProduct?tM=FR&pNbr=100F_LV

clearpix.gif
New Equipment
clearpix.gif
Tractors
clearpix.gif
A and F Series Specialty
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
20A Nursery & Greenhouse (21 hp)
blackpix.gif
76F Orchard & Vineyard (76 hp)
blackpix.gif
85F Orchard & Vineyard (83 hp)
blackpix.gif
100F Orchard & Vineyard (96 hp)
redpointer.gif
blackpix.gif
Features
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
Specifications
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
Manuals
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
Compare
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
Build Your Own
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
Parts Catalog
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
View Online Brochures
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
Small Tractor Selection Tools
clearpix.gif
Build Your Own
clearpix.gif
Used Equipment
clearpix.gif
Accessories
clearpix.gif
Frontier Equipment
clearpix.gif
Extended Warranty
clearpix.gif
Maintenance Programs
clearpix.gif
Equipment Quickfind
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
100F Orchard and Vineyard Tractor (96 hp)
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif
100f_471978_1col.jpg
clearpix.gif
blackpix.gif
Build Your Own and Request a Quote
blackpix.gif
In-store pickup or delivery availableREQUEST QUOTE
  • Turbocharged diesel engines, providing 76, 83, and 96 engine hp... more </B>
  • Deluxe, low-profile cab option... more </B>
  • NoSpin front axle, 54-degree turning angle with 12 degrees of oscillation... more </B>
  • Equal weight distribution, low center of gravity... more </B>
  • Four-wheel-drive (4WD) with front and rear differential lock... more </B>
  • 24/16 SyncShuttle™ transmission... more </B>
  • Rear lift capacity over 5000 lb expands implement use... more </B>
  • 10 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow... more </B>
Differential, axles, frame, and chassis
  • NoSpin front axle, 54-degree turning angle with 12 degrees of oscillation... more </B>
Electrical and lighting
Engine
  • Turbocharged diesel engines, providing 76, 83, and 96 engine hp... more </B>
Hitch, drawbar, and PTO
  • Rear lift capacity over 5000 lb expands implement use... more </B>
Hydraulics
  • 10 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow... more </B>
Operator station and controls
Steering and brakes
Transmissions
  • 24/16 SyncShuttle™ transmission... more </B>
Wheels and tires
  • Equal weight distribution, low center of gravity... more </B>
Product features are based on published information at the time of publication. Product features are subject to change without notice. Contact your local John Deere dealer for more information.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK slept on it. Considered it.

Here is what I think.

The Cub is the 'right size' tractor for me but its hydraulics are pretty light duty compared to some of the others. It will offer 'some' advantage over my current tractor but not a significant amount; still the advantages it offers are probably enough to make it worth buying (especially 'breakout force'). It is a 'basic' machine and I'm used to a full featured 'deluxe' machine so that is a real trade off in details/features/etc. My wife actually warned me to make sure that if I do trade in my NH (she knows I like it) to make sure I get something actually like, not something I'm settling for because its on the dealer's lot.

The Kubota is simply not worth the money for me. It gives me advantages over my current tractor but the price is substantially higher than the Cub ex3200 and that makes the Kubota --for me-- a bad trade up since my current NH is paid for and has 85+% of the capacity of the Kubota in most areas.

The Bobcat is too big. Physical dimensions should rule it out, just like I ruled out the Kubota L3400. But the price/features/performance are keeping it in consideration until August 1 while they have their rebate offer. It offers some clear advantages to my current tractor, clear advantages over the Kubota B series tractor, at the cost of being too large to get through the gates into my dog yard. . . at least 1 of those gates will be replaced later this year so that will be an easy fix if I opt for a larger tractor.

I'm going to try to get to the Bobcat dealer today or tomorrow (more likely) to see the ct235. Last time I looked at a CK30 (the Kioti version) was several years ago. Lots of features, low price, questionable dealer quality, new to market with no track record for reliability. Now that there is a viable dealer and a track record, the Bobcat variant is worthy of a second glance. I have decided that even if the Bobcat version is more expensive than the Kioti version (it is by about $1000) that the dealer is more important than the price and I simply don't trust the Kioti dealer. NOT saying I'm sold on the Bobcat, if I am going to consider upping the size to the Bobcat then I'm going to probably have to go back to N.H. and revisit the NH 2030 and 2035 machines.
BTW, there do appear to be some differences other than the color of paint between the Bobcat and the Kioti. Things like a full suspension seat are available, and other creature comforts that would make all day work more comfortable.

I suspect the Bobcat engineers/designs looked at what they put on their work machines and added them (some as options) to the ct235, not just to set it apart, but also to differentiate the tractor as a work tractor rather than a hobby farm tractor. The differences are minor and are in comfort level, mechanically they appear to be the same.​

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
IIRC, Bobcat has a different loader than Kioti, as well as some other fit and finish type things (like the seat). Test ride one. If it's not comfy to you, it's the wrong machine, no matter how good it looks on paper.
Good on you for putting dealer support ahead of $$, too!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . Test ride one. If it's not comfy to you, it's the wrong machine, no matter how good it looks on paper.
Good on you for putting dealer support ahead of $$, too!
Looks like I can get to the dealer tomorrow morning for an inspection.

I'm going to be looking for refinements to make sure that this tractor is worthy of consideration. I did look at the Kioti tractors several years ago and found them lacking. Just being objective, but no way they WERE as smooth to operate as a Kubota. Now I also think that Kubota is the best there is so it sets a high standard by which to compare. Engine noise on the Daedong engine was 'rougher' sounding, castings of the iron were cruder, hydraulics were not as responsive or smooth. Now I don't expect the iron casting to have improved if the model has not changed, but I am going to be looking for smoother operation than before and a more consistent sound.

And in all fairness to Daedong's engine, I don't think my New Holland engine is as smooth as the Kubota either. In fact the only engines I've found that come close are Yanmar engines. Clearly these are just my opinions.

So when I do my comparison it will be more of a relative improvement that I am looking for. Is it 'good enough' compared to a Kubota, or is it just 'better than it used to be?' If it is 'good enough' today then I will be facing a decision in the next day or two. If it is just better than it used to be then I will probably dismiss it without further consideration.

Korea has made great quality improvements in automotives over the past 5 years, have they done the same with tractors?

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Last I knew, Bobcat used a Rhino made loader and Kioti was bringing one in from Korea. IIRC the Korean loader had higher capacities, but it has been several years since I spec'd them out and I think Rhino has made some changes...

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure on the LOADER specs between the Kioti and the Bobcat, I didn't compare the two, I only looked up the loader spec from Bobcat so if they are somewhat different then I wouldn't know it.

What I do know is the Bobcat dealer is willing to DEAL based on two phone calls this morning. I'm guessing that tractor sales are REALLY S_L_O_W for them this summer. My Kubota dealer said this April was a record breaker for him, setting new sales records, but he said the summer sales have slowed down.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the loaders are different between the Kioti and the Bobcat.

Bobcat has slightly lower breakout force but slightly more total lift capacity.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
when I was shopping 2 years ago after my other tractor was stolen, I seriously considered the Kioti DK35. I also looked at Kubota but couldn't afford the extra $9k on the sticker.
My local Bobcat dealer didn't want to be bothered with bobcat sales or service and basically told me he wouldn't sell one - so I obliged him and went elsewhere.
The Kioti dealer I went to tried to smooth talk and talk over me and I left his office with a bad taste in my mouth. (I did get to test drive a DK40, though)
The Mahindra dealer 2 blocks away was a different story, and I ended up buying a 3510 from him almost sight unseen. (he had a 4110 on the lot, so I had a clue what I was getting - he also had a good plug from Rback33, so I knew who to kick if things went bad...)
My Mahindra was actually made for them by TYM, another Korean maker. The one I had stolen was made by Kukje, the same people who used to make Branson tractors.
The 3510 has some clatter when first fired up, but warms up pretty quick and then it quiets down a lot. I'm pretty happy with it and the level of fit and finish I got for my $$.