• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bad part of sudden warm weather.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Flies!!! They came out of anywhere they were hiding. And bees, including our honeybees. They were all over the empty boxes we had removed the frames from to get the honey. Hope by tomorrow they are back in the hive out in the barnyard. Flies got that bad the last 3 days I ended up hanging some fly strips.:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Flies!!! They came out of anywhere they were hiding. And bees, including our honeybees. They were all over the empty boxes we had removed the frames from to get the honey. Hope by tomorrow they are back in the hive out in the barnyard. Flies got that bad the last 3 days I ended up hanging some fly strips.:hammer:

We had hordes of lady bugs. Every wall with sunshine on it was covered. They get into everything. And they bite!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Come and git 'em. Free.
Heck, even with the Prius it would cost too much.:whistling: I will swap you for a couple thousand yellow jackets in my garden shed. They are overdue for a gasoline shower once this cold weather hits.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck, even with the Prius it would cost too much.:whistling: I will swap you for a couple thousand yellow jackets in my garden shed. They are overdue for a gasoline shower once this cold weather hits.
Yeah, about that. Don't bring the Prius here. Us rednecks still have issues.:brows:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm contending w/ gnats, yet. have sprayed bug-spray so often it's nearly empty already. rinse cans, bug-spray the garbage, the entryway, taped the openings those things could crawl into shut,- where the window meets the a/c, that kinda stuff.
there were a few junebugs i got w/ shaving cream in the last few years. 2 got in yet, this year. im'ma place weather-stripping soon. dagnabbin bugs.

Leni

If you have houseplants they will lay their eggs in the soil and then guess what.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is why we need ladybugs in the greenhouses. Aphids eat on the plants and the ladybugs eat on them and don't bother the plants. We use the sticky boards as well but the bugs do a better job.

Leni

A gal in my office had plants that were infested with those gnats. Soon they were flying all over the place. Luckily I knew how to deal with them.

Leni

Made up a rinse of a pesticide designed to do those critters in and watered every plant in the office with it.

The larva feed on the roots of the plants. When they hatch you have a cloud of them flying around the office.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, about that. Don't bring the Prius here. Us rednecks still have issues.:brows:
I belive it is the law here that if a hunter sees a cat 1/2 mile from the house it is to be shot!!!!!
and a prios is sort of a scabb looking cat isnt it??????:brows::yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
The 35000 I drive costs me 1200 a year more to drive in quiet high performance luxury vs a noisy slow pos. Have your prius. Yes, I am laughing.
How much will it actually cost you in 300,000 miles?
Economy cars aren't so economical once total cost is considered.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fred - I have no seat time in a Prius. Are they really a noisy pos? I thought those things were supposed to be pretty quiet. Had one pull in my driveway once. Never heard it.