• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Raided by the Police for Cooking Rock

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just thought it was just a kewl story and robbed it from a reef forum I've been frequenting ..................

Once upon a time...

There was a fellow reefer that was building a 300 gallon Marineland tank in his basement in the suburbs of Montclair,NJ known as ReeferJohn (to protect names.) ReeferJohn spoke a lot to ReeferJoe (Me) for tips and opinions. Apparently through some posts on craig's list asking for things like

CO2
various Kati/Ani Recharching Chemical's (Looking for Distributors)
Various "Reactors"
Mentioning the fact that we were "Cooking 300lbs of Rock"
Were speaking to other Reefers
Were Trading ZipLoc Bags full of Seeded live Sand and others full of Culerpa (red/green/grape)
Meeting and Trading Large Skimmers and reactors after work around 7/8pm when its dark.
And Quick Baggie Hand Offs at his house of Frags of coral from our combined Mr.Coral.com order. Oh and the boxes shipped from Florida with "Rock" from Tampa Bay Saltwater

Apparently we were a sophisticated drug dealing ring.

Well Sunday night 9pm his house was hit first broke his door held him up searched the house and tank. Simultaneously I had cops at My door asking to speak with me and asking if I had any weapons. After Declaring my Licensed 9mm & Rifle & Collection of Samurai swords they came in and questioned me. Their first question was.

Them: Am I dealing Drugs.
Me: No. I never touched the stuff.
Them: Explain about cooking rock,reefer,and my high powered lights.
Me: Looks to the left at the 135gallon Fullblown Reef with 30 gallon Frag Tank next to it.... "Um I'm a Reefing Aquarist.."
Them: What bout the chemicals....
Me: I take them into my bathroom where the materials for recharging my Kati-Ani unit and the others for mixing Randy Holmes 2 Part are Stored.
Them: your not Kidding right...
Me: No sir.. But I think my fish get high off the reef chemicals i dose.
Them: Loled. ya... i think theres been a mistake.
Me: Yeah me too..

Meanwhile at ReeferJohns

John: dude thats my door.
Them: Do you have 300lbs of rock where is it stored.
John: Takes them to the basement which at this point looks like a lab with tanks chemicals, pipes etc.. Yeah 300lbs of Grade a Tampa Bay Rock.. (takes Cover off 2 Garbage pails plumbed together with LR cooking.
Them: Can we examine the rock?
John: Sure!
Them: Cop takes out one of the rocks and asks if he can crack it open. he does finds nothing except bristle worms and throws it back in. He radios the guys at my place.

ReeferJohn got a new door that same night and llike immunity from tickets for a while b/c he got so pany PBA cards its not even funny. He also got asked to help a few PD members set up tanks.

I spent the greater part of a hour explaining how my tank worked and amazing them by feeding my Snowflake eel and samurai swords. Ya I pulled a samurai sword on a cop and lived to tell about it.

Words of wisdom: Cop: - you guys should like wear T-shirts or something when you trade stuff because it looks like your a very organized ring of drug dealers.

I give to you ReefCentral

"Reefers against Drugs" - trademarked.

The End.

whats your story?

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: I'll admit, I was thinking like the police were when I first started reading this. I thought Dawg's a member of a reefer forum!!! :eek: :yum: :yum: Ya got me man.

Too funny.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i like the story and i know of cops who think every one is guilty of something and it's their job to find out what it is.